Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Are you an experienced Senior Electrical Design Engineer looking for your next opportunity?
Are you looking to develop your career whilst making a difference to local communities and the environment?
Can you help deliver resilience to flood risk and help mentor more junior staff?.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced Senior Electrical Design Engineer to work as part of a highly motivated and successful team in one of our UK offices.
The role will involve provision of technical accountability on various appraisal and detailed design projects. With a background in electrical engineering, you will primarily be working on a range of design and construction projects within wide ranging sectors including flood risk management, infrastructure and environment asset management.
These projects make a difference to local communities and the environment, serving a range of public and private sector clients including regulators, local authorities, water utility and strategic construction companies. The work will include options appraisal, concept design and detailed scheme design through to construction. It is expected that the candidate will mentor more junior staff and input into bid and tender preparation.
You will work closely with other members of the MEICA team and technical staff from across JBA’s offices, on schemes for clients such as the Environment Agency, Lead Local Flood Authorities, Canals and Rivers Trust, Associated British Ports / general Port Clients and the Coal Authority.
Main duties of the role include:
You will take a leading role in all aspects of projects, from scoping and detailed deign through to implementation, ensuring compliance with client specifications and current regulatory standards, with a strong focus on low-carbon solutions.
- Lead the development of EICA design deliverables to ensure these meet the clients’ needs.
- Preparing EICA specifications, schedules and drawings.
- Co-ordination with other design disciplines and stakeholders.
- Providing technical guidance on EICA matters to the wider project team.
- Line management and development of assigned EICA staff.
- Building relationships with clients and wider JBA colleagues.
- Job Ref: RES23-13
- Closing date: 31.12.23
- Location: UK
Qualifications and experience
We are looking for a technically strong, hard-working, committed and enthusiastic individual, who can demonstrate effective communication and team working skills.
A degree (or equivalent) in electrical engineering is essential. The applicant will be a Chartered or Incorporated member of the IET, preferably with experience in a consultancy environment. You will have a passion for progressing sustainable solutions and help our clients in seeking resilient infrastructure fit for the modern world.
You will need a full UK driving licence and be willing to travel to sites nationwide, with occasional overnight stays.
Key competencies required for the role:
- Experience in the detailed design and specification of industrial electrical installations including lighting, power distribution, switchgear, control systems and other ancillary services.
- Proficient in the use of design software such as Amtech/Trimble ProDesign, Dialight, Revit etc.
- Fully conversant with BS7671:2018 and current regulatory standards.
- Experience of Safety in Design and Designer’s responsibilities under CDM.
- Knowledge of pumping stations and other water related infrastructure.
Note: JBA run a comprehensive Graduate Scheme and recent graduates interested in working for us should apply via that route
The post could be based in any of our UK offices however, regular travel to the Leeds, LS1 4BN, city centre office will be required. A combination of office, site and remote working will be involved. JBA supports agile working which provides for greater flexibility with the way that we work.