Technical Director – Environment
Calling all Leading EIA experts…
Has your career been truncated in the Midlands? Do you still have the desire to deliver EIA within the Northern Powerhouse? Yorkshire based consultancy seeks EIA experts in the North of England delivering projects nationally.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic Technical Director to join our growing environment team working on a range of exciting projects across the UK.
JBA has a particular focus on water-related projects, with our diverse, multi-talented environmental teams delivering fluvial and coastal flood defences, including pumping stations and mine water treatment, as well as habitat creation initiatives, river restoration, natural flood management and Water Framework Directive schemes.
We are seeking applicants with a broad range of skills and varied environmental experience and who have proven industry/consultancy/construction experience. Extensive EIA, SA and SEA experience or a background in a specialist discipline such as Water Management, Environmental Compliance, Ecology or Landscape would be advantageous, but we are interested in any candidate who is passionate, adaptable and who has the skills to flourish in a multidisciplinary environment.
Working as part of a wider environment team, the Technical Director will become a critical point of contact for EIA/SA/SEA projects and practice and work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team, alongside engineers, planners and a range of environmental specialists, and engage with a diverse range of clients and stakeholders, including a range of flood and coastal defence and risk management projects.
The successful candidate will, amongst other things, be responsible for:
- Company-wide technical leadership on EIA, SA and SEA. This will include having technical oversight of deliverables, management of relationships with existing clients, expansion into new sectors, and building relationships with new clients.
- Coordinating statutory and non-statutory project-level environmental assessment / EIA and strategic-level SEA, leading on / delivering work within another relevant discipline (e.g. ecology, landscape, stakeholder engagement, etc.)
- Team leadership and mentoring opportunities.
This role will be based in our office in Saltaire, West Yorkshire, BD18 3LF. Our office is based in the Salt’s Mill, a world heritage site with high quality outdoor space, extensive independent cafes and shops, and a good rail links to Leeds, Bradford and Skipton.
JBA supports agile working which provides for greater flexibility with the way that we work. We offer a balance of office based and remote working.
- Job Ref: RNO23-21
- Closing date: 30.11.23
- Location: Saltaire
Qualifications and experience
The right candidate will have the following experience:
- A robust level of demonstrable experience in leading or delivering EIA, SA and SEA projects in a variety of fields / sectors.
- Experience with site-level projects, whether EIA or as part of another discipline as described above.
- Strong understanding of environmental legislation, relevant policy and guidance and awareness of updates.
- Business development – tenders/bids and fee proposals.
- BSc (or equivalent) in environmental science or related discipline.
- Member of a relevant professional body (e.g. the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA)).
We are looking for candidates with a positive and professional attitude, who can demonstrate a proactive and creative approach to problem solving.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Steve Maslen on telephone 01274 714269 or 01756 799919.
Please note: JBA run a comprehensive Graduate Scheme and recent graduates interested in working for us should apply via that route