Senior Geo-environmental Consultant
Do you have experience in land quality assessment and environmental management?
Would you be interested in supporting our expanding requirements for supporting delivery of environmental enhancements alongside protecting properties from flood risk across the UK?.
Due to growing demand across a range of exciting and diverse projects, some of the most significant in the sector in the UK, we are looking to recruit Geo-Environmental staff at experienced level positions. The successful candidates will be part of our team delivering these projects including, land quality assessment, management and restoration, river and coastal engineering, environmental enhancement and habitat creation, river restoration and mine water treatment schemes.
It is expected that all the roles will involve a significant degree of cross office, project and discipline working. The role will be client facing and confidence in working with clients in relation to project delivery across a range of stakeholders is essential, as is experience in the preparation of bids and proposals. It is also expected that the successful experienced candidates will assist in the mentoring and professional development of early career staff.
The location for the successful candidates is flexible and we have office locations across the UK. JBA supports agile working which provides for greater flexibility with the way that we work.
However, for these positions, we are seeking ideally to build our capability in our northern offices (Saltaire/Skipton/Newcastle/Warrington) to work alongside our existing environmental and geotechnical teams.
- Job Ref: RNO23-12
- Closing date: 30.09.23
- Location: Newcastle-upon-Tyne / Saltaire / Skipton / Warrington
Qualifications and experience
Key competencies required for the role:
Working with experienced technical leaders, we can offer career-minded individuals the opportunity to grow both their technical and managerial experience, build on their professional qualifications, and look towards the next exciting development in their career.
Applicants should have a degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline (geology, chemistry, engineering geology or earth/environmental sciences). Chartered status is important to JBA and valued by our clients therefore applicants should be a chartered member of a relevant professional society or a related equivalent. We will consider candidates who are not yet chartered but have a desire to work towards becoming chartered and will support you through the process.
Core skills and experience:
- An ability to collaborate within and influence a team of inter disciplinary colleagues, to deliver high-quality products.
- UK based experience (where possible) in land quality investigations and management, ground investigations, site restoration/remediation and experience in the re-use of soil-based materials. Experience in working in coastal, estuarine, and riverine settings would be particularly valuable.
- Track record of project delivery, with strong commercial awareness and confidence in working with clients.
- Full UK valid driving licence.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience working within a design and build environment.
- Experience working in coastal and river settings.
- Experience in ground investigations and land quality assessment.
- Stakeholder liaison.
- Mentoring of early career staff.
- Solid Project Management skills.
- Member of a professional institution.
The right candidate will be:
- Organised and able to balance competing priorities.
- A pragmatic thinker and solution finder.
- A self-starter, who manages their own workload and potentially that of a wider team.
Please contact Michael McDonald on t: 01274 714269.
Note: JBA run a comprehensive Graduate Scheme and recent graduates interested in working for us should apply via that route