Project Manager – Flood Risk and Environmental Improvement
Do you want to manage projects that deliver real change?
Can you help deliver environmental enhancements and resilience to climate change?
We are seeking an enthusiastic, experienced Project Manager to help deliver an exciting range of Flood and Coastal Erosion Risk Management and environmental improvement schemes, predominately in Wales and the Southwest of England. Schemes that JBA are currently delivering include the Cardiff Coastal Defence Scheme, Bedminster River Restoration Scheme, habitat creation and a programme of fish screening/passage projects.
The role will require the Project Manager to either lead or support clients in the management of project costs, programme, risks, JBA project team delivery and sub-contractor delivery.
You will manage flood risk management and environmental projects, including the design and construction of new assets, asset refurbishment, and habitat creation or improvement. In addition, you will support more junior project managers to develop their careers. You will be able to utilise effective communication and relationship management skills to pro-actively manage the expectation of our clients and meet project objectives.
The job will involve:
- Managing project budgets, programmes, change and risks.
- Management of sub-contractors.
- Management of NEC-form contracts.
- Delivering accurate cost forecasts and progress reporting.
- Working with others on project delivery.
- Building relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Management of project Health and Safety requirements.
The post will be based in our office in our Newport, South Wales, NP20 1FQ office. The role could involve a combination of office, site and remote working. JBA supports agile working which provides for greater flexibility with the way that we work.
- Job Ref: RSO24-02
- Closing date: 31.03.24
- Location: Newport
Qualifications and experience
Key competencies required for the role:
The right candidate will be an effective communicator, organised and able to balance priorities. They will be a pragmatic thinker and solution finder, and a proactive self-starter, who can manage their own workload.
Chartered status is important to JBA and valued by our clients. Applicants should show a desire to work towards becoming chartered with the Association of Project Management (APM) or engineering institution (ICE, CIWEM) in the future.
Applicants should have a relevant qualification, degree or equivalent, with an interest in environmental management and/or engineering. Post-graduate qualifications in project management (MSc., Prince2 or equivalent) would be desirable. You should be able to demonstrate experience in successfully delivering projects to achieve stated outcomes, complying with health, safety and environmental requirements, managing sub-contractors and understanding Construction, Design and Management (CDM) Regulations.
- Experience in successful delivery of projects, to achieve stated outcomes, complying with health and safety requirements, understanding CDM regulations and managing multi-disciplinary teams.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office applications.
- Use of project programming software (e.g. MS Project)
- NEC contract management
- Financial management
- Team building and resource management.
- Report writing and quality assurance.
- Problem solving.
- Full UK Driving licence.
- Knowledge of the planning and consenting regimes in England and Wales.
- Knowledge of Construction, Design and Management (CDM) regulations.
- Experience working in a BIM Level 2 environment.
For an informal discussion about this position, please contact George Baker on t: 01633 413514.
Note: JBA run a comprehensive Graduate Scheme and recent graduates interested in working for us should apply via that route