Engineering Digital Design Developer
Are you an experienced Digital Designer looking for your next opportunity?
Can you help develop and implement Digital tools (CAD, Revit, coding), manage Common Data Environments and deliver digital models for infrastructure & flood risk projects?
If you are looking to develop your career whilst making a difference to local communities and the environment, we are seeking to recruit an experienced Digital Designer to work as part of a highly motivated and successful team in our Leeds office.
Main duties of the role include:
- Assist in the development and implementation of Digital Design tools using CAD, Revit, Civil 3D, and coding tools.
- Assist in the specification, configuration and management of Common Data environments (ProjectWise, SharePoint, ACC Docs etc).
- Support the development of Digital Tools used on all civil related projects.
- Communicate complex technical concepts using 3D models.
- Develop tools and processes to improve efficiency of project delivery.
- Champion technical innovation to improve efficiency and quality of delivery, ensuring effective dissemination of latest methodologies and tools.
- Develop processes for outline and detailed design drawings & digital outputs for multi-disciplinary flood risk management schemes (Civils, Geo, Structures and MEICA).
With a background in engineering digital delivery, you will be working on a range of infrastructure and flood risk alleviation projects including coastal erosion, river and surface water flooding, pumping stations, mine water treatment works and flow control units. These projects make a difference to local communities and the environment, serving a range of public and private sector clients including regulators, local authorities, water utility and strategic construction companies. The projects include options appraisal, concept design and detailed scheme design through to construction. It is expected that the candidate will work on projects as well as implementing strategic digital processes & templates across JBA Consulting.
You will work closely with our Design Manager and technical staff from across JBA’s offices, on schemes for clients such as the Environment Agency, Lead Local Flood Authorities, Canals and Rivers Trust, Associated British Ports / general Port clients and the Coal Authority.
The post is based in our Leeds city centre with a combination of office, site and remote working involved.
- Job Ref: JBB24-02
- Closing date: 31.03.24
- Location: Leeds
Qualifications and experience
Key competencies required for the role:
We are looking for a hard-working, committed and enthusiastic individual, who can demonstrate effective communication and team working skills. The right candidate will be able to effectively manage workload in a busy and dynamic environment and be willing to take ownership of issues and work autonomously to find solutions.
It is very important to us that this role be able to successfully mentor and develop junior staff.
The experience and skills we are ideally seeking are broad, and we don’t expect candidates to have them all. We welcome applications from people who can demonstrate competence in most of the points below.
Essential skills required:
- Industry experience, BIM, Digital Implementation in multi-disciplinary infrastructure, civil and structural engineering sectors and some coding.
- Ability to use a wide range of CAD, Digital and Data management software.
- Knowledge of Civils/water/flooding industry standards, details and specifications.
- Strong understanding in developing, supporting, and managing models per project standards.
- Experience of managing Common Data Environments (CDE) such as ProjectWise, Sharepoint, ACC Docs etc.
- Able to work closely with project engineers.
- Enthusiasm to learn new skills and embrace new technologies and software.
- Knowledge of 4D and Software (Bentley Synchro).
- Use of GIS to support designs and Client engagement.
- Trained in ISO19650 / BS1192.
- Experience in programming software (e.g. Grasshopper, Python, VBA).
- Experience and awareness of Navisworks and/or Dynamo would be highly advantageous.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Ideally HNC, HND, BEng or MSc (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
Note: JBA run a comprehensive Graduate scheme and recent graduates interested in working for us should apply via that route