- 17th August 2018
- Posted by: Sophie Bunker
- Category: Projects
Although Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) are widely recognised as delivering valuable and accessible information that positively influences development, it is also becoming increasingly recognised that EIA needs to be more effective and more proportionate to deliver this benefit.
We worked with Energiekontor UK Ltd to deliver such benefit for their eight-turbine wind farm site in Gayton le Marsh, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire.
We recognise that to deliver quality development the consenting process must be well informed and proportionate, but not overwhelmed by a large amount of disproportionate or irrelevant environmental information. Our Environmental Impact Assessments are undertaken by competent experts to ensure these benefits are delivered.
At Gayton le Marsh we:
- Co-ordinated the EIA activities in accordance with Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA)/Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM) and Landscape Institute guidance, and compiled statutory Environmental Statement (ES).
- Coordinated planning application including:
- Planning statement
- Design and access statement
- Statement of community involvement
We have made it our business to standardise and simplify environmental planning requirements placed on infrastructure development, for the benefit of developers, communities and the environment.
There is now a legal requirement that Environmental Statements (ES) are prepared by competent experts. Energiekontor UK Ltd were therefore reassured that all the environmental assessments were expertly managed with a coordinated approach to EIA and planning, with the planning process running smoothly and to programme.
Want to know more?
We are an EIA Quality Mark Organisation with great benefits for you and your project.
Through EIA Quality Mark we are committed to having our EIA activities independently reviewed and verified by IEMA and commit to undertaking activities to improve and promote high quality EIA practice.
We have the expertise to support your EIA Development Project at every stage including:
- Screening and scoping opinion requests
- EIA coordination and ES preparation
- Specialist ES chapter writing
- ES reviews
- Specialist environmental surveys
- Preliminary environmental information reports
- Discharge of environmental planning conditions
- Environmental management plans and construction support
- Expert witness
- EIA training