We work extensively in low and middle income (LMI) countries to support sustainable development, climate resilience and environmental safeguarding.
We do this for the World Bank, the Asian Development Bank, the European Investment Bank, GIZ (German Development Agency), the Mekong River Commission, local governments and others.
The map above highlights countries where we have worked.
We are specialists
Our expertise is flood, coast and environmental risk management, including:
- Flood risk modelling and analytics
- Catastrophe modelling and loss/impact assessment
- Impact-based flood forecasting and Decision Support Systems
- Integrated Flood Risk Management (IFRM)
- Nature-Based Solutions (NBS)
- Disaster Risk Financing and insurance mechanisms
- Institutional capacity building and training.
- To help LMI countries identify and mitigate flood and environmental risks to build safer, fairer, and more resilient communities
- To work collaboratively. To develop the local skills and capacity needed to create sustainability strategies that have impact and legacy.
We work closely with others to deliver multifaceted, multi-hazard projects; partnering as “One Team” with like-minded companies through to respected local consultants.
Of priority to us is that our work is delivered in a highly collaborative manner . So that we learn from and are guided by local expertise and so that things we deliver are owned locally and have maximum impact and legacy.
Unique innovations and data
Over the past 20 years, we have developed some of the most advanced techniques, pioneering innovations that deliver impact, added-value and efficiency to the work that we do.
Our work benefits from the unique global datasets that we have developed, including our Global Flood Model, which includes high-resolution flood maps and our global event set. We have also developed an advanced impact-based forecasting system called Flood Foresight.