Apprenticeships are a great route into your chosen career. And when you join the JBA family, we’ll support you every step of the way.
Build your career and our future with a JBA apprenticeship
At JBA, we are a global community of scientists, engineers, designers, software developers and much more. Working in integrated and collaborative ways across all our disciplines to create solutions that are bigger than the sum of their parts. Solutions that improve resilience and deliver wider benefits for society and the future of our planet.
Will you join us in our pursuit for resilience to climate change?
We offer a range of apprenticeship opportunities from level 3 to degree, with programmes designed to support our investment in finding the skills and talent required to meet the challenges of the modern age. From day one you’ll be working with colleagues who are specialists in their field on innovative multi-disciplinary projects and you’ll benefit from work-based training and mentoring alongside your college or university learning.
What can you expect from your apprenticeship?
Earn while you learn with JBA and combine working with studying for a nationally recognised qualification
- Receive training and mentoring from industry experts with skills and experience to support your development
- Contribute to innovative multi-disciplinary projects that help to build resilience and make a real difference to people, communities and the environment
- Be a part of something bigger – join an environmentally conscious organisation with sustainability at its core and ambitious Net Zero targets
- Enjoy a range of JBA benefits in addition to earning a salary including a personal pension, health insurance, cycle-to-work scheme, and regular networking and social events
Your apprenticeship options
We offer a wide range of apprenticeships from level 3 to degree across four main areas of our business. Below are some of our most regularly recruited programmes.
- Business Support – Level 3 Business Administrator, Level 3 Digital Marketer, Level 4 Associate Project Manager, Level 6 Creative Digital Design Professional
- Software and Technology – Level 3 Software Development Technician, BSc Digital Technology Solutions, BSc Data Science
- Engineering – BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in Civil Engineering, BSc/BEng Civil Engineering
- Environment – BSc Environmental Science, BSc Geospatial Mapping and Science
Click here to view our current apprenticeship vacancies and entry requirements.
“My role at JBA is incredibly varied – I work on a range of projects from webpages and Virtual Reality rooms to client projects and graphic designs. There are a lot of things happening in the world of digital: AI, data science, algorithms and automation – so a role in digital marketing is a great path to choose and future proof your career.”
Chartered Senior Environmental and Sustainability Analyst
“There’s lots of variety in my job from day to day. One day I could be working on a tender for a climate change risk assessment – the next I could be in a meeting with the Environment Agency about identifying opportunities to improve the sustainability of its waterways.”
“I have a keen interest in contributing to sustainable development and helping to build resilient communities – this in addition to my interest in working and interacting with different people fit perfectly with a career in engineering.
“My favourite subject at school was maths, so I felt that Software Engineering would be the right career path for me to choose. To be successful in Software Development, focus on the basics and try to really understand how different software components work on the inside.”
“As a civil engineer no two days are the same – I can spend time collaborating and talking to people, resolving key issues, reviewing technical designs and developing bids for new projects. Engineering is a hugely rewarding career, and to be able to look at a structure and say that you were involved in building it is a very satisfying feeling.”
At JBA, our focus is on supporting clients prepare and adapt, encourage and deliver effective water resources management and integration.…
This report looks at the challenges of flood frequency estimation in catchments where groundwater exerts a major influence on river flow.…
As the impacts of climate change continue to be felt around the world, preparation for extreme weather through incident management training and exercising (IMTE) has become key to increasing resilience.…
Coastal management and planning have long focused on making decisions that combine both the short and long-term impacts of flood and erosion risk. With the realisation that we can…
Over the course of the past 9 months, we have been working alongside Storm Geomatics as part of the Scottish Government’s CivTech programme to develop RiverEye, an innovative beaver…
We’re thrilled to launch 17 brand new apprenticeship vacancies. So if you or someone you know is considering their next career steps, read on to discover more about apprenticeship…