Date - 24/11/2017
Time - 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Skipton - Broughton Hall
This course provides an overview of the generic types of river model and how to select the best model for a particular application for flood risk management (flood warning, flood risk mapping, broad scale models, feasibility and design of flood mitigation measures).
Who should attend
Professionals and managers wanting a non-mathematical and easily understood introduction to the mysteries of river modelling.
After the course delegates will:
- Understand the key differences between models
- Know how to choose the most appropriate modelling approach
- Understand the differences between commercial software packages
- Know what is good practice in modelling
The course includes information from the Environment Agency’s Modelling Specifications.
- Flood Estimation Handbook
- Introduction to HEC-RAS
- Introduction to Flood Modeller
- Survey for River Models
Bookings are closed for this course