Regardless of the volume of a reservoir there is a duty on owners, operators and maintainers of storage reservoirs to take steps to ensure integrity and safe operation of retaining and storage structures.
Providing services under the Reservoirs Act 1975 for UK reservoirs for over ten years.
How we can help you
Our qualified civil engineers are all Reservoirs (Construction and Inspecting) and Supervising Panel Engineers. They are supported by professionals in geology, hydrology, ecology, geomorphology, hydrogeology, hydraulic modelling and planning legislation, providing a multi-disciplinary team with expertise in a wide range of areas.
- Reservoir Engineering
- Inspections and analyses to design and construction supervision of new structures
- Rehabilitation of existing dams and reservoirs
- Inspections and supervision under Reservoirs Acts
- Hydraulics and spillway design
- Geotechnical investigations and design
- Acting as expert witness
Reservoir Indundation Mapping
Our experience in applying appropriate, strategic scale reservoir 1D and 2D hydrological and flood modelling techniques is demonstrated through the following projects for the Environment Agency;
- The modelling and mapping specification for the National Reservoir Inundation Mapping (RIM) project for all statutory reservoirs in England and Wales (2008-2009).
- The Phase 1 National RIM – simplified Dam Breach hydrographs for all statutory reservoirs in England and Wales (2009–2010).
- The Phase 2 National RIM – project for 147 reservoirs out of the 846 identified as being at high risk (2009-2010).
- Preparation of NRIM outputs for 227 reservoirs in England in the Reservoir Risk Review Project (2015).
- Preparation of a ‘Lessons Learned’ workshop and report on the 2015 Reservoir Risk Review Project (2015).
- Produce New Specification for Reservoir Flood Maps (2016).