Our geotechnical team is often asked to push the boundaries of skill and science of designing and building structures in the ground. Wherever difficult ground conditions, sensitive environments or ambitious projects present geotechnical challenges, we provide robust and advanced solutions that are tailored to meet clients’ specific requirements. Our strategies and conceptual designs fully address ground condition uncertainties to address risk. Investigations take account of project complexity and the need to produce results that are most appropriate to project requirements.
The vast geotechnical expertise we have underpins our work on projects from flood alleviation related infrastructure, rail, local government, water, energy, mining, utilities and the private sector. To the full range of geotechnical needs, we bring interconnected skills in foundation and landfill engineering, environmental geotechnics, hydrogeology, tunnel design, geographic information systems, engineering geology and many specialised services.
We focus on tunnelling, shafts and caissons as well as engineering services for bored tunnels, including ground risk, culverts and heavy substructure engineering.
We provide a leading-edge geotechnical service for the Environment Agency and water industry. We also provide geotechnical expert services to international clients.
We offer our traditional range of geotechnical services to the infrastructure market including the rail, property and government sectors.
- Initial feasibility studies
- Desk studies
- Ground investigations
- Route optioneering
- Feasibility design
- Detailed design
- Construction supervision.
- Site investigation
- Engineering geology and geohazards
- Rock slope stability
- Soil slope stability
- Advanced geomechanics
- Earth structures and ground treatment
- Foundations and substructure engineering
- Geoenvironmental engineering
- Ecology in ground engineering
- Expert and due diligence
Our team have leading expertise in:
- Desk studies and site appraisals to identify potential ground risks during early project stages
- Management of the ground investigation process including tendering, field conditions, test scheduling, interpretation and design reporting
- Conceptual modelling and selection of geotechnical parameters
- Numerical analyses for stability, earth pressures, deformation and pore pressure distribution and their application into engineering designs.