Surveyor – Fixed Term Contract
Do you have a passion for Flood and Coastal Risk Management (FCRM)?
Are you looking to develop your career within an exciting environmental company? .
We are looking for a motivated and committed individual to undertake asset inspections of infrastructure across England. The role will be for a period of 6 months (with the option for extension providing suitable commitment / ability within the role and provision of continuity of workstreams allow) and will predominantly involve fieldwork, working alone and visiting several different sites every day. We will endeavour to take your home locality into consideration when allocating inspection sites but given the distribution of sites, a small percentage may require staying away from home during the working week.
The role will provide an opportunity to gain accreditation in Flood Risk Asset Inspection (T98). For further information on this training, please see link below:
The role will include completing a digital proforma at each asset, with consistency and reliability of information vital, and then reviewing, consolidating, and uploading to a Common Data Environment each day, for an independent quality review to be then carried out. The data collection will be carried out using either using MS Excel and Word or a bespoke data collection app, and the deliverables will assist in future management and maintenance of the assets.
Specific training to the methods of data capture, the procedures to be followed and the standards required to be met will be provided at the beginning for the project. A willingness and application to learning and an eye for detail are essential. Existing knowledge of field data collection and documentation will be seen as an advantage.
Salary offered will be dependent on qualifications and experience. Mileage, accommodation and subsistence expenses will be reimbursed.
The base office of this role can be flexible depending on the home location of the right candidate. We have a specific interest in applications from the Midlands, Greater London, Kent and Solent and South Downs however other localities will be considered.
- Job Ref: RNO23-23
- Closing date: 31.12.23
- Location: UK
Qualifications and experience
You will be able to demonstrate that you are able to:
- Follow set procedures precisely and take instructions from more senior members of the team.
- Take responsibility for own work, work independently and problem solve when needed.
- Be organised, reliable and consistent.
- Communicate effectively, both verbal and written.
- Working outside in unpleasant weather will sometimes be required. The ability to adapt to varied and different working environments is important.
Candidates must have the following:
- A minimum of 3 A-Levels or a recent Degree, HNC or Diploma (or equivalent) in a subject relating to geography, civil engineering or the environment.
- A current UK driving licence, to permit unsupervised driving.
- Be able to carry out fieldwork and be on your feet most of the day.
- The ability to travel throughout England from your home base.