Are you an experienced C#.NET Software Developer?
Are you looking for a new challenge and want to join a dynamic and growing company?
JBA Consulting are currently seeking experienced, enthusiastic and dedicated Software Developers, who have skills in C# .NET to join our TDSD teams.
Our TDSD teams undertake specialist system, software and data development for the natural and built environment. We typically work with central government, environmental, transportation and utility organisations, and private companies, including Network Rail, Environment Agency, Natural Resources Wales, Met Office, Innovate UK and Local Authorities. They work with us because of our reputation in providing innovative and novel web-based solutions, and these often require highly resilient and secure systems, and the presentation and analysis of vast amounts of data at scale.
Our software team develops a wide range of cutting-edge software, principally:
- mobile and browser-based asset management systems
- business information systems
- high performance GIS and data management systems
- database designs, query optimisation and tuning
- advanced GPU modelling software.
To create these systems, we use a mixture of commercial and open-source software, and we love to experiment with the latest tools, technologies and techniques to improve how we deliver our solutions.
The successful candidates will get involved in all stages of the software development life cycle, including:
- Engineering software solutions – working with prototypes and proof of concepts and developing fully functioning applications
- Producing rich front-end user interfaces and efficient services with technologies like React and Angular.
The successful candidates would be part of our Technology, Data and Software Development (TDSD) teams and would report to the line managers of those teams.
This role could be based at any number of our UK offices or remotely, although the majority of our TDSD staff are based in our Wallingford (OX10 9BS) or Skipton (BD23 3FD) offices, so some ad-hoc travel to these offices should be expected if you are remote from them. JBA supports agile working which provides for greater flexibility with the way that we work.
- Job Ref: RNO23-07
- Closing date: 31.07.23
- Location: Various
Qualifications and experience
Who we are looking for:
It would be advantageous to have A-levels (or equivalent) in Mathematics and / or science-based subjects. A degree (or equivalent) in computing, engineering or mathematics would be desirable. The right candidate will be an organised self-starter, who manages their own workload. You will be enthusiastic, flexible and adaptable, able to balance priorities and work from your own initiative. Strong communication skills are essential, as is the ability to work as part of a team.
We have roles available for candidates with proven commercial experience in the following core skill areas:
- C# .NET, particularly with regards to web-based application development
- PostgreSQL and/or Microsoft SQL Server databases.
Candidates with some of the following knowledge would be advantageous:
- Web services
- GIS technologies – QGIS, ArcGIS, FME,
- Cloud and hosting using Amazon Web Services
- HTTP, DNS and TCP/IP
- Agile principles and methodologies
- Source control and process management
- SASS plus libraries such as Bootstrap / Tailwind.
- Hangfire background services.
- API development
- Interfacing with third-party APIs.
- Docker containerising.
Applicants must be willing to submit examples of their work or write a small test program to our specification.