Are you experienced in hydrogeology, water management or hydroecology? Are you ready to join an exciting environmental company and help to lead on a range of diverse projects?
Due to growing demand for our services across a range of exciting projects we are looking for an experienced Hydrogeologist with a background in geo-environmental, water management and engineering consultancy.
The successful candidate will join our existing team delivering a diverse range of groundwater related projects including soil and groundwater quality assessments, water resource and water supply studies including modelling, groundwater flooding investigations, environmental assessment, hydro-ecology and hydrology. These link to work across our extensive client base, including national agencies, such as the Environment Agency (EA), Natural Resources Wales (NRW), and the Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA), Risk Management Authorities (RMA) including lead Local Flood Authorities (LLFA), developers and private individuals. Our teams provide input and advice on land quality and water related aspects of minerals and mining, catchment management and nature-based solutions, river and coastal engineering, environmental enhancement and habitat creation, river restoration and private water supply development and abstraction management. Experience in the use of a range of quantitative methods and models would also be advantageous.
The location for the successful candidates is flexible and JBA has multi-office locations across the UK. Our teams are predominantly based in our offices in Saltaire and Newcastle and we are seeking to build our capability across other UK offices providing local delivery.
JBA supports agile working which provides for greater flexibility with the way that we work.
For an informal discussion about the role contact Mike McDonald on tel +44 (0)1274 714269
Please apply by completing a JBA application form and returning with a current CV to email@example.com
- Job Ref: RNO22-31
- Closing date: 30.09.23
- Location: Various
Qualifications and experience
Who we are looking for:
The position represents a significant opportunity to develop and expand your career through working with established teams which serve JBA and service delivery to our extensive client base. It is expected that the role will involve a significant degree of cross office working and will be client facing. Therefore, confidence in working with clients in relation to project delivery is essential, as is experience in supporting the preparation of bids and proposals.
Key competencies required for the role:
- Relevant academic qualifications in geology, chemistry, engineering geology or environmental science, with relevant postgraduate qualifications in hydrogeology or a related subject such as engineering geology or geochemistry
- Chartered status (GeolSoc, IES, IEMA, CIWEM or equivalent), or progressing towards Chartership
- Robust relevant post-graduate experience
- Experience in site investigation techniques applied to geo-environmental and groundwater-based investigations, including collection and scheduling of soil and water samples
- Data interpretation and geographical information systems (GIS) analysis, including collection, analysis and preparation of technical reports
- A valid UK driving licence is required for the position.