Senior Engineer/Appraisal Specialist
Do you have a passion for engineering and experience of consultancy?
Are you looking to develop your career at an employee-owned company at the heart of climate resilience?
We are currently seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Engineer/Appraisal Specialist to join our Leeds based appraisal team.
The role will involve the provision of project leadership, governance, and technical accountability for the delivery of business cases that help to support the development of resilient communities for our clients in the flood risk management sector. You will demonstrate sound technical knowledge with the ability to proactively work with our multidisciplinary engineering and environmental delivery teams.
You will report to the appraisal team leader and will contribute to the delivery of a range of engineering and environmental improvement projects and business development opportunities. The work will include project and contract management, options appraisal, and concept/outline design. The candidate will be responsible for mentoring and supervising junior staff.
Main duties of the role include:
- Experience in contract administration and client liaison
- Working in an Office 365 environment, including the use of SharePoint
- Application of HM Treasury’s 5 case business model
- Application of the FCERM Appraisal Guidance and benefits assessment using the Multi Coloured Manual
- Knowledge of hydraulic modelling for fluvial and coastal flood risk management appraisal projects
- Use of GIS based data management tools.
This role will be based in our growing Leeds, LS1 2HL, city centre office. JBA supports agile working which provides for greater flexibility with the way that we work.
- Job Ref: RES23-07
- Closing date: 30.09.23
- Location: Leeds
Qualifications and experience
Who we are looking for:
- Applicants should have a relevant degree (or equivalent) in engineering or earth sciences.
- Professional membership of a recognised professional institution such as the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) and the Chartered Institute of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM) is preferred, although candidates progressing towards their professional qualification will also be considered. JBA has an approved training scheme with the ICE or CIWEM and has personnel who can support your journey to chartership.
- A valid UK driving license is required.
JBA Consulting is a client-focused company. Excellent report writing and effective communication skills are therefore essential to this role. Candidates should have a sound appreciation for engineering principles and a broad engineering and environmental knowledge base. Self-motivation and a high degree of organisation are key attributes required.
For an informal discussion about this position, please contact Andy Oland on T: 0113 4268563.
Note: JBA run a comprehensive Graduate Scheme and recent graduates interested in working for us should apply via that route