Senior Engineer and Project Lead
Are you an experienced Senior Engineer and Project lead looking for your next opportunity?
Can you help deliver resilience to flood risk and help mentor more junior staff?
Are you looking to develop your career whilst making a difference to local communities and the environment? We are seeking to recruit an experienced Senior Civil Engineer to work as part of a highly motivated and successful team in one of our UK offices.
The role will involve provision of project leadership, governance and technical accountability on various appraisal and detailed design projects. With a background in civil engineering, you will primarily be working on a range of design and construction projects within wide ranging sectors including flood risk management, infrastructure and environment asset management.
These projects make a difference to local communities and the environment, serving a range of public and private sector clients including regulators, local authorities, water utility and strategic construction companies. The work will include options appraisal, concept design and detailed scheme design through to construction. It is expected that the candidate will mentor and manage staff and input to bid and tender preparation. In addition, the successful candidate will support the Senior Management Team with strategic business development within JBA Consulting.
You will work closely with our Design Manager and technical staff from across JBA’s offices, on schemes for clients such as the Environment Agency, Lead Local Flood Authorities, Canals and Rivers Trust, Associated British Ports / general port clients and the Coal Authority.
Main duties of the role include:
- Experience in managing projects, contracts, budgetary control, specification preparation and liaising with clients.
- Development and Coordination of multi-disciplinary teams
- Taking a technical leadership role and driving the design process to ensure project deliverables meet clients’ needs.
- Championing technical innovation to improve efficiency and quality of delivery, ensuring effective engagement and uptake of latest methodologies and tools.
- Providing insight and technical input to business development activities across JBA Bentley and the JBA Group
- Experience of leading and winning tender opportunities
- Building relationships with clients and wider JBA
- Experience of Safety in Design and Designer’s responsibilities under CDM.
The post could be based in any of our UK offices however, regular travel to the Leeds, LS1 2HL city centre office will be required. A combination of office, site and remote working will be involved. JBA supports agile working which provides for greater flexibility with the way that we work.
- Job Ref: RES23-04
- Closing date: 30.06.23
- Location: UK
Qualifications and experience
Key competencies required for the role:
A degree (or equivalent) in civil and/or structural engineering is essential. The applicant will be a Chartered or Incorporated member of the ICE or IStructE.
You will have a passion for progressing sustainable solutions and help our clients in seeking resilient infrastructure fit for the modern world.
We are looking for a hard-working, committed and enthusiastic individual, who can demonstrate effective communication and team working skills.
A full UK driving licence is required.
For further information please contact Ben Darville or Chris Thornton t: 0113 426 8563.
Note: JBA run a comprehensive Graduate Scheme and recent graduates interested in working for us should apply via that route
Please send a completed JBA application form, together with a current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org