Senior Civil Engineer
Are you an experienced Engineer looking for your next opportunity? Can you help deliver resilience to flood risk and help mentor more junior staff?
We are seeking to recruit an experienced Senior Civil Engineer to work as part of a highly motivated and successful team in our Warrington office.
The role will involve provision of project governance and technical accountability on various appraisal and detailed design projects. With a background in UK civil engineering, you will primarily be working on a range of flood risk alleviation projects involving coastal erosion, river and surface water flooding. These projects make a difference to local communities and the environment, serving a range of public and private sector clients including regulators, local authorities, water utility and strategic construction companies. The work will include options appraisal, concept design and detailed scheme design. It is expected that the candidate will mentor and manage staff and input to bid and tender preparation. In addition, the successful candidate will support the Senior Management Team with strategic business development within JBA Consulting.
Main duties of the role include:
- Experience in the development of outline and detailed design solutions for flood risk management.
- Experience in managing projects, contracts, budgetary control, specification preparation and liaising with clients.
- Development and Coordination of multi-disciplinary design of flood risk projects and risk management solutions.
- Taking a technical leadership role in ensuring flood management project deliverables meet clients’ needs, including taking ownership and responsibility for the quality of project work to meet the highest standards.
- Championing technical innovation to improve efficiency and quality of delivery, ensuring effective dissemination of latest methodologies and tools.
- Providing insight and technical input to business development activities across JBA Bentley and the JBA Group
- Experience of leading and winning tender opportunities
- Project management with oversight of civil, hydraulic and environmental inputs, on a variety of flood risk management projects
- Liaising with clients, hydraulic modellers, project managers and other design and management team members.
- Experience of Safety in Design and Designer’s responsibilities under CDM.
- Track record of supervising multi-disciplinary teams to develop design solutions.
This role will be based at our Warrington office. JBA supports agile working which provides for greater flexibility with the way we work.
For an informal discussion about the role contact Rene Dobson on t. +44 (0)7515 313258.
Note: JBA run a comprehensive Graduate Scheme and recent graduates interested in working for us should apply via that route
Please apply by completing a JBA application form and returning with a current CV to email@example.com
- Job Ref: SBW23-03
- Closing date: 31.03.23
- Location: Warrington
Qualifications and experience
A degree (or equivalent) in civil and/or structural engineering is essential. The applicant will be a Chartered or nearly Chartered member of the ICE or IStructE.
Applicants will have demonstrable experience of supervising multi-disciplinary teams to develop design solutions. We are looking for a hard-working, committed and enthusiastic individual, who can demonstrate effective communication and team working skills.
You will have a full UK driving licence.