Senior 2D/3D CAD Technician
Are you an experienced CAD Technician with experience within civil engineering?
Are you looking for a new challenge and want to join a dynamic and growing company?
We are seeking an enthusiastic, experienced CAD Technician with a professional attitude for immediate start to join our team within the Peterborough office working on Environment Agency projects.
The successful applicant will report to the Digital Design Manager; assist with the delivery of a range of engineering and environmental improvement projects, including options appraisal, concept design and detailed scheme design, including reinforced concrete and steelwork. You will be responsible for drawing and model control, adherence to company BIM and CAD standards and mentoring junior Technicians.
The role will be based in our Peterborough, PE2 6GG office. JBA supports agile working which provides for greater flexibility with the way that we work.
- Job Ref: RES23-11
- Closing date: 31.01.24
- Location: Peterborough
Qualifications and experience
Key competencies required for the role:
Candidates should have commercial experience in the use of 3D graphical design tools and preferably hold a minimum of an HNC (or equivalent) in Engineering.
Core skills required:
- Proficient in the use of 2D & 3D AutoCAD within Civil/Structural Engineering.
- A working knowledge of BIM and its application within Civil/Structural Engineering.
- Experience working within a Civil/Structural Engineering office producing technical drawings.
- Experience in at least one of the following: AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Revit and/or Navisworks.
The right candidate will be:
- organised and be able to balance competing priorities
- a pragmatic thinker and solution finder
- able to manage own workload and that of a wider team
- able to communicate effectively.
For an informal discussion about this position contact Andrew Ford on t: 01733 715960
Note: JBA run a comprehensive Graduate Scheme and recent graduates interested in working for us should apply via that route.