Project Manager - Flood Risk and Environmental Improvement
Do you want to manage projects that deliver real change?
Can you help deliver environmental enhancement and resilience to climate change?
We are seeking an enthusiastic, experienced project manager to help deliver an extensive programme of Flood and Coastal Erosion Risk Management and environmental improvement schemes across the South of England. The types of schemes that JBA are currently delivering include the Pevensey Bay to Eastbourne Coastal Management Scheme and the Isle of Wight Coastal Defence Schemes.
The role will require the Project Manager to either lead or support clients in the management of project costs, programme, risks, JBA project team delivery and sub-contractor delivery.
You will manage flood risk management and environmental projects, including design and construction of new assets, asset refurbishment, and habitat creation or improvement. In addition, you will support more junior project managers to develop their careers. You will be able to utilise excellent communications and relationship management skills to pro-actively manage the expectation of our clients and meet project objectives.
The job will involve:
- Delivering projects to achieve the Environment Agency’s current six-year FCERM programme.
- Managing project budgets, programmes and risks.
- Management of sub-contractors.
- Management of NEC-form contracts.
- Delivering accurate cost forecasts and progress reporting.
- Working with others on project delivery.
- Building relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Management of project Health and Safety requirements.
The role will be based in either our Haywards Heath, RH16 3BW or Portsmouth, PO6 3EZ offices and may involve travel to other JBA office locations. JBA supports agile working which provides for greater flexibility with the way that we work.
- Job Ref: RSO23-12
- Closing date: 31.12.23
- Location: Haywards Heath / Portsmouth
Qualifications and experience
The right candidate will be an excellent communicator, organised and able to balance priorities. They will be a pragmatic thinker and solution finder, and a proactive self-starter, who can manage their own workload.
Applicants should have a relevant qualification, degree or equivalent, with an interest in environmental management. Post-graduate qualifications in project management (MSc., Prince2 or equivalent) would be desirable. You should be able to demonstrate experience in successfully delivering projects to achieve stated outcomes, complying with health, safety and environmental requirements, managing sub-contractors and understanding Construction, Design and Management (CDM) Regulations.
Chartered status is important to JBA and valued by our clients. Applicants should show a desire to work towards becoming chartered with the Association of Project Management (APM) in the future.
- Experience in successful delivery of projects, to achieve stated outcomes, complying with health and safety requirements, understanding CDM regulations and managing multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Proficient using Microsoft Office applications.
- Use of project programming software (e.g. MS Project)
- NEC contract management
- Financial management
- Team building and resource management.
- Report writing and quality assurance.
- Problem solving
- Full UK Driving licence.
- Knowledge of Construction, Design and Management (CDM) regulations.
- Experience working in a BIM Level 2 environment.