Do you have a passion for engineering and experience of consultancy?
Are you looking to develop your career at an employee-owned company at the heart of climate resilience?
We are seeking an enthusiastic and technically well-rounded Principal Engineer with experience of working collaboratively with clients and contractors, including design & build arrangements, to deliver project success.
The role will involve the provision of technical leadership, governance, and accountability as we support our clients to build climate resilient communities within the flood risk management sector. JBA has a team of in-house technical specialists (including Environment, MEICA, Structures & Geotechnics) who the candidate will engage and collaborate with to deliver project success. The candidate will also be responsible for mentoring and supervising junior staff.
Main duties of the role include:
- Experience of working in the flood and coastal risk management sector
- Leadership and collaboration skills in identifying and delivering solutions to the client’s satisfaction
- Technical governance of engineering deliverables
- Experience in contract administration and client liaison
- Working in an Office 365 environment, including the use of SharePoint.
This role will be based in our growing Leeds, LS1 2HL, city centre office. JBA supports agile working which provides for greater flexibility with the way that we work.
- Job Ref: RES23-06
- Closing date: 31.12.23
- Location: Leeds
Qualifications and experience
Who we are looking for:
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, good communicator and capable of working without supervision to a high standard. They will also have a good working knowledge of relevant design codes and software packages to support our project managers and enable effective technical assurance of project deliverables. This will be demonstrated through relevant technical experience in the following areas: surface water drainage (hydraulics & structural capacity) and reinforced concrete (structural slabs, earth retaining walls & flood retaining walls).
Applicants must have:
- A degree (or equivalent) in civil and / or structural engineering
- Proven experience of delivering project success within either consultancy and / or contracting environments
- Membership of a recognised professional institution such as the ICE or IStructE. Candidates showing substantial experience and progress with their professional membership may be considered.
- Good awareness of CDM Regulations
- A valid UK driving license.
For an informal discussion about this position, please contact Andy Oland on T: 0113 4268563.
Note: JBA run a comprehensive Graduate Scheme and recent graduates interested in working for us should apply via that route