Learning & Development Specialist
Are you an L&D professional with a mindset of continuous learning and self-development?
Are you a creative team player and looking for your next challenge?
We have an exciting opportunity to join JBA’s Talent and Training team based at our head office in North Yorkshire, working alongside other Learning & Development (L&D) professionals including our Head of L&D.
What will this role achieve in the next 12 months?
- Working closely with our in-house Subject Matter Experts to storyboard, create, check and assure new learning materials.
- Manage delivery/distribution of learning materials to our workforce, take responsibility for preparing and analysing pre-course and post-course feedback forms, and identifying improvements and amendments where needed.
- Identify and liaise with suitable third-party training providers or certifying bodies.
- Build expertise in using JBA’s preferred instructional design packages and related software such as PageTiger, ISpring, Adobe, Camtasia and PowerPoint.
- Embark on JBA’s project manager development programme and gain project manager status within JBA.
- Support and mentor upcoming L&D professionals in the Talent and Training Team.
What will this role achieve in the longer term?
Longer term, you can expect to contribute to helping JBA to meet strategic company goals in relation to talent management and training, working more closely with our Head of Learning and Development to develop solutions to colleagues’ development needs, and making sure training activities follow JBA policies and best practice.
The post will be based in our Head Office based at Broughton Park, Skipton, BD23 3FD. JBA supports agile working which provides for greater flexibility with the way that we work.
- Job Ref: LDM24-01
- Closing date: 22.02.24
- Location: Skipton
Qualifications and experience
Candidates should be established L&D professionals with experience in instructional design, and/or managing a portfolio of learning and development solutions. Ideally, the right person for the role will be a member of a relevant professional organisation such as the Learning and Performance Institute (LPI), the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) or the institute of Training and Occupational Learning (iTOL) and have a demonstrable commitment to continued professional development.
Further Education (to at least Level 6 or equivalent) in a relevant subject area, such as Learning and Development, or similar, would be beneficial. You’ll also be able to demonstrate established skills and credentials in L&D delivery.
Essential attributes for the role include:
- Strong skills in office software packages such as Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience of instructional design packages, and willingness to adapt to JBA’s preferred systems and packages.
- Experience of managing or working with a Learning Management System (LMS).
- The ability to communicate effectively with others both verbally and written.
- Good attention to detail, being able to apply the principles of quality assurance to check your own work and the work of others to a high standard.
- Proven experience of working independently, being able to self-organise and being able to prioritise your tasks to meet deadlines.
- A mindset of continuous learning and self-development.
Desirable attributes for the role include:
- Level 6 (or above) qualification, or equivalent, in Learning and Development.
- An existing professional accreditation or chartered status, or a commitment towards gaining professional accreditation in L&D in the near future.
- Proven project management skills or evidence of developing project management skills.
- Knowledge of key trends within the L&D industry, including the use of Artificial Intelligence in L&D.
- Creative flair and ability to use materials and software innovatively to produce desired outcomes.
- Leadership experience or experience of managing others in an L&D setting.