Learning and Development - Training Support
Looking to develop your career in L&D?
We have an exciting opportunity to join JBA’s Talent and Training team based at our head office in North Yorkshire. Working alongside other Learning & Development (L&D) professionals, this role involves coordinating training both internally within JBA as well as externally to our clients.
You’ll be joining an established environmental and engineering consultancy who put sustainability and resilience at the heart of our company strategy. With offices in nine countries around the world and across the UK and Ireland, we like to think we make a difference. We are independent and employee-owned allowing us the freedom to focus on innovation and our commitment to exceptional client service. Our workforce is central to our success, and we invest heavily in supporting staff development. We are great people to work for. Visit www.jbaconsulting.com to find out more about what we do.
Who are we looking for?
You will be an upcoming L&D professional or someone who can put existing experience in office administration to great use in the L&D sector. You will be enthusiastic, organised and interested in growing a career in L&D, with a view to working towards a relevant level of membership with the Learning and Performance Institute.
What will you achieve in the next 12 months?
- Take on responsibility for management and scheduling of your own portfolio of courses, under the guidance of other team members.
- Develop strategies for working closely with our in-house Subject Matter Experts to check and assure learning materials, and to design and create delegate packs.
- Become a first point of contact for internal and external delegates booking on courses and manage booking forms and personal information within a secure setting that is compliant with GDPR regulations.
- Take responsibility for preparing and analysing pre-course and post-course feedback forms.
- Help to identify and liaise with suitable third-party training providers or certifying bodies.
- Start to build expertise, through mentoring and on the job learning, in a range of instructional design packages including PageTiger, ISpring, Adobe, Camtasia, PowerPoint.
- Embark on JBA’s project manager development programme and gain project manager status within JBA.
Longer term, you can expect to contribute to helping JBA to meet strategic company goals in relation to talent management and training, working more closely with our Head of Learning and Development to develop solutions to colleagues’ development needs, and making sure training activities follow JBA policies and best practice.
- Job Ref: LDM23-01
- Closing date: 30.04.23
- Location: Skipton
Qualifications and experience
What qualifications and experience are expected?
As a minimum you will have GCSEs (or equivalent), including Maths and English, at Grades 9 to 4 (A* to C)), although being able to show commitment to continued professional development would be advantageous to your application. We would particularly welcome applicants with further education qualifications (Levels 4 – 6) in a relevant subject area, such as Learning and Development, HR, Business Administration or similar. This role might also suit a well-organised science, environment or engineering graduate who would like to move sideways into L&D.
We are very open to considering experience in lieu of higher education; you’ll be able to demonstrate skills (and credentials if possible) in office administration and data management as a minimum.
Essential attributes for the role include:
- A good grasp of standard office software packages such as Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, or the ability to develop expertise in these under supervision.
- The ability to communicate well with others, with good attention to detail.
- Proven experience of working independently, being able to self-organise and being able to prioritise your tasks to meet deadlines.
- Enthusiasm for learning new skills within a collaborative team.
Desirable attributes for the role include:
- Knowledge of key trends within the L&D industry.
- A mindset of continuous learning and willingness to work towards gaining professional accreditation in L&D over the longer term.
- Experience working with multimedia software or is comfortable with learning and using new systems and packages.
- Proven project management skills or evidence of developing project management skills.
Where is the post based?
This post will be based in our Skipton Broughton Park office. Our work environment includes a modern office setting with ample free parking and EV charging points. JBA supports agile working which provides for greater flexibility with the way that we work.
For more information on the role, please contact Jennifer Dewhirst or Maxine Zaidman t: 01756 799919.
Please apply by completing a JBA application form and returning with a current CV to email@example.com