Do you have a passion for sustainable landscape solutions?
Due to the further demand for JBAs landscape & arboriculture consultancy services we are looking for enthusiastic Landscape Architects at all levels and across all of our regions. We encourage individuals to contact us for an informal chat, learn about our work streams and be introduced to individuals who are passionate about what they do.
JBA Consulting has a particular focus on water-related projects, including fluvial and coastal flood defence as well as habitat creation initiatives, nature-based solutions, engagement and consultation within river restoration projects.
We are looking for a talented Landscape Architects to join our National Landscape Team, delivering a broad range of projects including; renewable energy, linear infrastructure, public realm and residential projects. We have a wide spectrum of clients, many of whom are future proofed, including the Environment Agency through our appointment on their Collaborative Delivery Framework (CDF).
With experienced principal and technical leaders, we can offer career-minded individuals the room to grow, whether this be their first steps on the P2C to developing their technical and managerial experience, build on their professional qualifications, and look towards the next development in their career.
The roles can be based at any number of our UK locations, Our Landscape services are based in Coleshill, Newcastle, Portsmouth and Saltaire multi-disciplinary offices, so some ad-hoc travel to these offices should be expected if you are remote from them.
JBA supports agile working which provides for greater flexibility with the way that we work.
Peter Harrison t: +44 (0)1274 714269
Helen Smith t: +44 (0)191 233 0707
- Job Ref: RNO22-29
- Closing date: 28.02.23
- Location: Various
Qualifications and experience
Who we are looking for:
Subject to career level Applicants should have a minimum of a degree (or equivalent) in Landscape Architecture and be eligible to work in the UK
Chartered status is important to JBA and valued by our clients. We will consider experienced candidates who are not yet chartered but are working towards chartership, and we will support you through this process.
Key competencies required for the role:
- Organised and able to balance competing priorities.
- An enthusiastic and dynamic team player, who is a strong communicator with a design and planning background.
- A pragmatic thinker and solution finder.
- A self-starter, who manages their own workload, and potentially that of a wider team.
- Natural Flood Management (NFM) and SuDs design experience.
- Strong skills using AutoCAD and Adobe software products.
- Experience in Landscape & Visual Impact assessment and Appraisal (LVIA), with strong report writing skills.
- Awareness of Nature Based Solutions.
- Good understanding of process and health and safety.
- Full UK driving licence.