IT Support Technician
Are you interested in an exciting opportunity to join a growing and dynamic IT Team that prides itself on teamwork and delivery?
Are you looking to develop your IT career within an environmental company?
We are seeking an IT Support Technician to provide a support service on the overall Group JBA IT Service Desk. The right candidate will assist in resolving problems through incidents, implementation of agreed workarounds/resolutions and rollout of new technologies.
The main duties of the role involve:
- Work with other members of the IT team on a rota basis to ensure the IT Service Desk is resourced during operational hours.
- To log incidents/service requests using ITIL aligned support management processes and tools. To ascertain the impact to the user and applying the appropriate priority according to the IT Service Desk Procedure.
- To resolve incidents/service requests according to the defined service level agreements (SLAs)
- To update and maintain detailed and accurate records in the IT Service Desk System.
- To agree next course of action with users, monitoring progress whilst keeping the users up to date with the latest progress in a timely, positive, enthusiastic, professional and courteous manner.
- When required, to assign incidents/service requests to other relevant IT functions for a resolution.
- To assist with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures in Problem Management.
- To perform other technical, related and support duties as may be required by your line manager or IT Senior Management.
The post will be based at our Skipton, BD23 3FD head office. JBA supports agile working which provides for greater flexibility with the way that we work.
- Job Ref: GOP23-02
- Closing date: 30.11.23
- Location: Skipton
Qualifications and experience
Candidates should have a degree (or equivalent) or relevant technical experience. GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths are required, and A-levels in the same subjects are desirable.
A clean, UK driving licence is desirable but not essential.
The right candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to think logically with good problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work well in a team.
- The willingness to learn and to attend informal or formal training.
- Good customer service and communication skills with the ability to interact confidently with technical and non-technical IT users.