IT Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Do you have a strong background in 3rd-line infrastructure support, problem solving, technical solutions, and delivering IT projects? Are you ready to join an exciting environmental company and develop your career?
We have a vacancy for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer; this role will work as part of the overall JBA Group IT team to provide 3rd-line support to staff and services, and to manage and deliver projects as part of the IT Project Delivery team. The Senior Infrastructure Engineer is expected to be technically experienced and able to work with minimal supervision, and function as an escalation point for colleagues.
Main job responsibilities include:
- Operate as a member of the IT project delivery team to:
- Take responsibility for project management, definition, facilitation and satisfactory completion of larger, more complex projects
- Specify and design complex technical solutions and ensure that the designs balance functional, service quality, security, systems management and sustainability requirements
- Build, implement, install infrastructure solutions according to the approved designs
- Operate as technical resource on other projects
- Ensure that appropriate action is taken to anticipate, investigate and resolve problems in systems and services. Coordinates the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures
- Deliver 3rd-line technical support as part of the IT operations function and act as an escalation point for the project delivery team and other IT colleagues. Offer support and mentoring to other members of the team
- Develop and communicate work plans to drive forward the IT strategy, including outline designs, specifications, and overall architectures
- Develops implementation plans for complex requests for change. Evaluates risks to the integrity of service environment (including availability, performance, security and business services impacted)
- Provide maintenance, administration and ensure security of the IT systems with detailed and consistent documentation
- Manage suppliers and ensuring the requirements have been delivered to the required standard
- Monitor the market to identify currently emerging technologies and products based on own area of expertise, assesses their relevance and potential value to the organisation
- To perform other technical, related and support duties as may be required by your line manager or IT Management.
This role will be based in our Head Office at Broughton Park, Skipton.
JBA supports agile working which provides for greater flexibility with the way that we work.
For an informal discussion about the role contact Tom Baines on +44 (0)1756 799919
Apply by completing a JBA application form and returning with a current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Ref: OPD23-01
- Closing date: 31.10.23
- Location: Skipton
Qualifications and experience
The successful candidate will be an effective communicator who functions well as part of a team, an innovative thinker and a pro-active self-starter.
- Robust relevant experience in IT infrastructure
- Ability to produce and maintain accurate and thorough documentation
- Essential in-depth technical experience:
- Windows Server (including AD, GPO etc.)
- Data centre infrastructure
- Disaster recovery
- Server hardware
- Backup technology
- Technical experience, preferably in:
- Information Security
- Cloud services (e.g. Office 365, Exchange)
- Business continuity
- Relevant technical or professional qualifications
- UK driving licence.
Any experience in the following areas is beneficial but not essential:
- End-user computing (e.g. desktops, laptops)
- Linux/open source systems
- GPU modelling.
- Some exposure to relevant frameworks (e.g. ITIL, PRINCE2)