IT Business Analyst
Are you an experienced IT Business Analyst looking for your next opportunity in an environmental company?
Are you interested in an exciting opportunity to join a growing and dynamic IT Team that prides itself on teamwork and delivery?
Due to the expansion of our IT team, we are looking for an experienced IT Business Analyst to work with stakeholders across JBA Group of companies to deliver IT Software and Systems that meet the needs of the business.
Main duties of the role:
- Prepare business cases which define potential benefits, options for achieving these benefits through development of new or changed processes, and associated business risks.
- Responsible for investigative work to determine business requirements and specify effective business processes.
- Work and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels to influence and make business-focused decisions.
- Drive the requirements elicitation process, arrange, and facilitate requirements capture activities to develop signed-off specifications for both functional and non-functional requirements and take ownership of business requirements documents. To implement and follow the change control procedure for any changes to approved requirements.
- Manage expectations and obtain decisions from senior management on conflicting business requirements.
- Apply and monitor the use of modelling and analysis tools, methods and standards, giving special consideration to business perspectives and select the most appropriate means of representing business requirements.
- Job Ref: OPD23-02
- Closing date: 30.04.23
- Location: Skipton
Qualifications and experience
We are looking for a hard-working, committed and enthusiastic individual, who can demonstrate effective communication and team working skills. It is essential that candidates have strong experience in working with senior managers, including clear communications, making recommendations, and presenting the information need for decisions to be reached. Excellent time management skills and the proven ability to meet deadlines are required.
The right candidate will have:
- Proven track record in capturing requirements, document analysis, workshops, surveys, business process, user cases, scenarios, and workflows.
- Proven ability and experience to communicate with stakeholders at all levels. The ability to negotiate and to reach decisions which meet the requirements of the businesses.
- Proven experience in working with software development teams. Ability to technically understand team challenges and effectively communicate.
- Strong experience writing user stories and acceptance criteria. Experience in managing user acceptance testing.
- An excellent understanding of all aspects of software development lifecycle e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, documentation with associated software development methodologies, e.g. agile/iterative/waterfall design and has experienced them in the workplace
- An excellent understanding of modern techniques for software project management (Kanban, backlogs, retrospectives, agile, SCRUM, daily stand-ups etc.)
- Experience in managing budgets and reporting.
- Experience in procurement of Software and Systems and integration into internal systems
- Experience of managing suppliers against contractual commitments
- Recognised professional qualification in Business Analysis
- Exposure to ITIL Service Management (desirable)
This role will be based at our head office in Broughton Park, Skipton.
JBA supports agile working which provides for greater flexibility with the way that we work.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Farooq Ayub on t: 01756 799919.
Note: JBA run a comprehensive Graduate Scheme and recent graduates interested in working for us should apply via that route
Please apply by completing a JBA application form and returning with a current CV to email@example.com