Are you seeking a new career opportunity or wanting to take your next steps in flood risk management?
Are you looking to develop your career with an exciting environmental company?
We are seeking an enthusiastic Flood Risk Analyst to work as part of our hydraulic modelling team in our Newcastle office. The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of assessments of fluvial flood hazard to homes and businesses.
Our team comprises environmental scientists, engineers and geographers, who deliver river modelling for flood risk mapping, flood alleviation schemes and other water management projects.
Main duties include:
- Undertaking estimates of flood flows
- Computer simulations using hydraulic modelling software
- Collating and analysing hydrometric data and geographical datasets in GIS
- Preparing detailed technical reports
Working collaboratively with multidisciplinary project teams, comprising a variety of specialists
- Job Ref: SBW23-05
- Closing date: 30.04.23
- Location: Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Qualifications and experience
Who we are looking for:
Essential skills and experience required:
- A relevant degree level qualification (or equivalent) in geography, maths, physical/environmental science or engineering
- A sound understanding of flood hydrology and hydraulics
- Demonstrable experience of data analysis and use of GIS.
- Desirable skills and experience:
- A postgraduate qualification (Masters or equivalent) in environmental science, physical geography, civil engineering, or a related discipline
- Familiarity with UK hydrological approaches and flood risk management policy
- Experience of 1D or 2D hydraulic modelling software (e.g. Flood Modeller, TUFLOW or HEC-RAS).
The right candidate will have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with high attention to detail
- Self-motivation and a high level of organisation
- An ability to work collaboratively in teams.
- We expect candidates to progress towards, or already hold, chartered membership of CIWEM or another appropriate institution.
This role will be based in our office in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, NE1 5JE
JBA supports agile working which provides for greater flexibility with the way that we work.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact I-Hsien Porter on t: 0191 233 0707.
Note: JBA run a comprehensive Graduate Scheme and recent graduates interested in working for us should apply via that route
Please send a completed JBA application form, together with a current CV to email@example.com .