Are you a Hydraulic Modeller wanting to develop your career?
Do you want to support delivery of flood risk management schemes across the UK?
We are looking for experienced Flood Risk Consultants specialising in Hydraulic Flood Modelling, at all grades above graduate, to join our growing Hydraulic Modelling, Flood Risk Assessment and Drainage Design teams, based in our Skipton office.
With a background in hydraulic modelling, you will primarily be working on a range of flood risk projects involving river and surface water modelling for flood mapping studies, surface water management plans, flood strategies and other flood management projects. These projects make a difference to local communities and the environment, serving a range of public and private sector clients including regulators, local authorities, water utility and strategic construction companies.
The key areas of responsibility associated with this role will be:
- Experience in implementing 1D and 2D modelling techniques for river and urban flooding applications.
- Working collaboratively with multidisciplinary project teams, comprising a variety of specialists
- Writing and reviewing technical reports
- Championing technical innovation to improve efficiency and quality of delivery, ensure effective dissemination of latest methodologies and tools.
The post will be based at our head office at Broughton Park, Skipton. JBA supports agile working which provides for greater flexibility with the way that we work.
- Job Ref: RNO23-10
- Closing date: 30.06.23
- Location: Skipton
Qualifications and experience
The right candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in geography, maths, civil engineering or environmental/earth sciences
- Experience of flood risk management techniques and methods including option appraisals
- Demonstrable experience of data analysis and use of GIS
- Have the ability to produce high quality technical writing for bid and project work
- Experience in collaborative working, with good interpersonal skills and able to communicate effectively with clients, stakeholders and colleagues.
- Commercial awareness and evidence of ability to deliver projects and bids to time and budget.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Experience of key 1D or 2D hydraulic modelling software packages: HEC-RAS, HEC-2D, Flood Modeller-TUFLOW etc.
- Appraisal of flood risk costs and benefits
- Knowledge of UK hydrological methodologies and flood risk management policy
- Project Management experience
- Experience of leading and winning tender opportunities
For further information please contact Rosalind Rogers on telephone 01756 799 919.
Note: JBA run a comprehensive Graduate Scheme and recent graduates interested in working for us should apply via that route
Please send a completed JBA application form, together with a current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org