Green Finance and Funding Specialist
Are you a specialist in Green Finance and Investment?
Do you want to support the delivery of environmental and climate resilience projects including significant flood risk management schemes across the UK?
To meet our growing business needs and future development aspirations we are looking for an experienced principal analyst to support our clients and to further develop our services in this area of business.
Main duties of the role include:
- Advising clients on funding opportunities
- Advising on Green Finance initiatives and opportunities
- Preparing feasibility studies into Green Finance opportunities and business models
- Preparing funding bids for projects and activities associated with environmental and sustainability programmes of work.
- Preparation of Business Cases including for public funded projects in accordance with Treasury Green Book requirements
- Supporting the JBA economic evaluation team to support investment bids.
- Preparation of financial reports to support investment into projects
- Managing tasks and projects to ensure production of deliverables to required quality, agreed timelines and within budget.
- Coordinating staff and providing guidance to the JBA wider teams on Green Finance and funding opportunities.
The post will preferably be based at one of our Edinburgh, Saltaire or Newport offices although for the right person we can be flexible on location. You will be expected to travel from time to time.
JBA supports agile working which provides for greater flexibility with the way that we work.
- Job Ref: RNO23-14
- Closing date: 30.09.23
- Location: Various
Qualifications and experience
Key competencies required for the role:
The right candidate will be a strong communicator with financial management skills, who is able to work within and manage multi-disciplinary teams. Excellent organisation skills are essential, and applicants should be proven self-starters with the capability to provide leadership in these chosen areas.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A relevant degree (or equivalent)
- Chartered status where relevant
- Knowledge and network contacts with funders and potential investment partners
- Experience in managing projects, contracts, budgetary control, specification preparation and liaising with clients.
- The ability to provide leadership in this field of work.
- Some experience and knowledge of Natural Capital Accounting and Ecosystem Services
- Insight and input to business development activities across JBA Consulting.
Core skills are:
- Experience of applying for funds from a range of funding organisations and investors
- Experience of undertaking feasibility studies in this area of work
- Developing and implementing successful business and financial models
- Knowledge of Green Finance opportunities
- Experience of working in an Office 365 environment, including use of SharePoint
- Experience in contract administration and client liaison
- A broad range of experience gained across the private, public and NGO sectors.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Steve Maslen on t: 01274 714269.
Note: JBA run a comprehensive Graduate Scheme and recent graduates interested in working for us should apply via that route