Flood Risk Analyst
Do you have experience in flood risk management and flood resilience?
Are you experienced in project management and delivery?
If so, we are looking for someone like you to join our established team to meet our developing business needs.
Our teams provide strategic, catchment and site-specific flood risk and water management advice to Local Authorities, Internal Drainage Boards, the Environment Agency, central government, emergency planners and private sector clients. The work we do is varied and includes Strategic Flood Risk Assessments (SFRAs), Surface Water Management Plans (SWMPs), Local Flood Risk Management Strategies, Flood Investigations, Property Flood Resilience (PFR), site surveys and other flood risk studies and projects.
The successful candidate will have experience working with a range of stakeholders, alongside an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of different Risk Management Authorities (RMAs). You will help to manage our existing client base and be responsible for delivering projects to time and budget. You will also be involved in undertaking the technical work, using and analysing GIS datasets, model outputs and mapping, and carrying out site surveys to inform project reporting.
The job will involve:
- Management and / or delivery of projects to time, budget and quality requirements
- Applying an understanding of local flood risk management policy and procedure to projects
- Using and analysing datasets, GIS and modelling outputs to inform project analysis and reporting.
- Writing concise and logical reports, including for example policy research, technical analysis of flood risk datasets, recommending policies
- Presenting at client meetings or project workshops
- Working with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Assisting with tenders for commissions
- Working across JBA offices to grow our Local Flood Risk Management services.
Location: The post will be based at our head office at Broughton Park, Skipton. JBA supports agile working which provides provides for greater flexibility with the way that we work.
- Job Ref: RNO23-09
- Closing date: 30.06.23
- Location: Skipton
Qualifications and experience
The right candidate will have:
An environmental or physical science related qualification, degree or equivalent.
Chartered status (ICE, CIWEM or equivalent) is important to JBA and valued by our clients therefore applicants should be chartered or show a desire to work towards becoming chartered. We will support you through our professional mentoring programming to gain chartership if required.
Strong and proven communications skills are a prerequisite for this position, towards other stakeholders and communities at flood risk.
You will have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Core skills required include:
- Understanding of coastal, fluvial and surface water flood risk policy and management approaches
- Understanding of hydraulic modelling and mapping outputs to inform technical analysis and reporting
- GIS (e.g. ArcGIS, QGIS)
- Project management
- Stakeholder engagement
- Teamwork and mentoring early career staff
- Report writing and quality assurance
- Problem solving.
Desirable skills include:
- Contract management and tender preparation
- Demonstrate an ability to manage projects
- Manage NEC3 and NEC4 contracts
- Policy and strategy development
- Experience in hydraulic modelling, hydrology and mapping
- Experience in, or knowledge of, the Local Plan process.
For further information please contact Rosalind Rogers on telephone 01756 799 919.
Note: JBA run a comprehensive Graduate Scheme and recent graduates interested in working for us should apply via that route
Please send a completed JBA application form, together with a current CV to email@example.com