Environmental Manager – project delivery
Would you like to support the growth of Environmental Services in an exciting and developing company?
JBA are seeking experienced candidates for a Senior or Principal Environmental Manager to be responsible for co-ordinating and delivering construction environmental management as part of our Environmental Services delivery team in our Edinburgh office.
Key responsibilities include:
- Undertaking site visits to inform optioneering and design and to support site managers during construction with environmental issues, including Environmental Clerk of Works
- Leading, managing and co-ordinating the environmental appraisal and management of a variety of projects from optioneering stage, to design and planning, to environmental permitting and compliance at construction.
- Liaising with clients and stakeholders, co-ordinating project teams and working closely with our technical specialists in environment and engineering teams
- Mentoring, guiding and supporting junior members of staff to guide their awareness of environmental process and management practices.
- Supporting the development of the environmental management services JBA offer in Scotland and the North of England through tendering, cultivating new clients and developing innovative environmental procedures and processes.
JBA has a particular focus on water-related projects, with our diverse, multi-talented environmental teams delivering fluvial and coastal flood defences, asset replacement schemes including pumping stations and mine water treatment, as well as habitat creation initiatives, river restoration, natural flood management and WFD schemes.
- Job Ref: SBW23-04
- Closing date: 30.04.23
- Location: Edinburgh
Qualifications and experience
We are seeking candidates with a broad range of skills and general environmental experience from a variety of projects and who have proven industry / consultancy / construction experience. A background in a specialist discipline such as Water Management, Environmental Compliance, Ecology or Landscape would be advantageous, but we are interested in any candidate who is passionate, adaptable, resilient and who has the skills to thrive in a multidisciplinary environment. The ideal candidates will be Chartered in a relevant discipline (e.g. CIWEM, ICE, CMLI) or actively working towards chartership. Experience in Environmental Clerk of works/ construction compliance would be highly beneficial.
This role will be based at our office in Edinburgh.
JBA supports agile working which provides for greater flexibility with the way that we work.
Contact Dave Sargent on t : 0113 426 8563 or Alice Gent on t:0131 319 2940
Note: JBA run a comprehensive Graduate Scheme and recent graduates interested in working for us should apply via that route
Please send a completed JBA application form, 2 page current CV and covering letter to email@example.com .
Previous applicants will be considered and need not reapply.