Would you like to support the growth of Environmental Services?
Do you have a passion for sustainable environmental management?
We are excited to be seeking candidates for a role responsible for the technical delivery of Environmental Services across Southern England. The role could be based in our Haywards Heath or Portsmouth offices.
JBA has a particular focus on water-related projects, including fluvial and coastal flood defence and other schemes, such as habitat creation initiatives, river restoration and WFD projects. One of our key clients is the Environment Agency working on the Collaborative Delivery Framework (CDF) with projects located across the south coast. These projects include flood storage proposals and habitat creation projects – along with smaller scale asset replacement projects requiring associated consenting and environmental support.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a wide range of established and highly experienced teams across the wider business to continue to grow our environmental services. Our existing teams cover services such as environmental assessment (EIA strategic environmental assessment (SEA), ecology, Nature Based Solutions (NBS), water resources, flood risk assessment/modelling and engineering. From our network of offices, JBA also deliver advice in relation to landscape, cultural heritage, contaminated land, fisheries, groundwater, sustainability, catchment and river restoration.
The successful candidate will, amongst other things, be expected to:
- Work in multi-disciplinary teams and have project management capability, including competence in project financial management. Be able to apply a broad knowledge of principles and practices. Experience of EIA and would be an advantage.
- Be able to produce high quality technical and written output, including reports.
- Have the ability to self-manage on a day-to-day basis. Completion of allocated tasks to time and required quality.
- Foster good relationships with clients, regulators and stakeholders. Competency in written and verbal communications with client. Able to organise, plan and attend client meetings.
- Input to environmental design and development of mitigation measures, working as a member of multidisciplinary teams.
- Provide support to bids and tender preparation.
- Assist in stakeholder engagement and public consultation exercises.
The role will ideally be based in either our Haywards Heath, RH16 3BW or Portsmouth, PO6 3EZ office. JBA supports agile working which provides for greater flexibility with the way that we work.
- Job Ref: RSO23-04
- Closing date: 14.09.23
- Location: Haywards Heath / Portsmouth
Qualifications and experience
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic team player, who is a strong communicator with experience of technical delivery in environmental consultancy.
The successful candidate will ideally have broad knowledge of the environmental consultancy sector and a proven track record in environmental delivery, including EIA.
Applicants should have a degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
Chartered status is important to JBA and valued by our clients therefore applicants should be a chartered member of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) or a related equivalent. We will consider candidates who are not yet chartered but have a desire to work towards becoming chartered and will support you through our professional mentoring programming.
Core skills & experience:
- Broad based knowledge of environmental consultancy
- Experience in delivery of EIA (particularly around flood defence schemes)
- Strong communicator
- Stakeholder engagement
Desirable skills & experience:
- Experience of HRA and SEA/SA
- Project Management
- Team management and leadership
- Contract review and management
- Tender and bid preparation.
- Organised and able to balance competing priorities
- Pragmatic thinker and solution finder
- Self-starter, who manages own workload (and ideally that of a wider team)
- Excellent communication skills.
- A full UK driving licence is essential.
Contact Glenn Langler t: 01444 473652
Note: JBA run a comprehensive Graduate Scheme and recent graduates interested in working for us should apply via that route