Do you have experience in land quality assessment and environmental management?
Would you be interested in developing and leading our expanding requirements for a specialised team supporting delivery of environmental enhancements and protecting properties from flood risk across the UK?
Due to growing demand across a range of exciting and diverse projects we are looking to recruit environmental staff at Principal and Senior level positions. The successful candidates will be part of our team delivering these projects including, land quality assessment, management and restoration, river and coastal engineering, environmental enhancement and habitat creation, river restoration and mine water treatment schemes.
The location for the successful candidates is flexible and JBA have office locations across the UK, however for these positions, we are seeking, ideally, to build our capability in our southern offices to support our work delivering the Environment Agency’s (EA’s) Collaborative Delivery Framework (CDF). This framework represents the largest portfolio of Flood and Coastal Erosion Risk Management work in the south of England and provides unparalleled project scale and experience.
Working with experienced technical leaders, we can offer career-minded individuals the opportunity to grow both their technical and managerial experience, build on their professional qualifications, and look towards the next exciting development in their career.
This role will be based at one of our UK offices in the south of England, dependent on the location of the right candidate. We have offices in Haywards Heath, Portsmouth and Wallingford. JBA supports agile working which provides for greater flexibility with the way that we work.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Micheal McDonald t: +44 (0)1274 714269.
Note: JBA run a comprehensive Graduate Scheme and recent graduates interested in working for us should apply via that route
Please apply by completing a JBA application form and returning with a current CV to email@example.com
- Job Ref: RNO23-05
- Closing date: 28.02.23
- Location: Various
Qualifications and experience
Applicants should have a degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline (geology, chemistry, engineering geology or environmental sciences). Chartered status is important to JBA and valued by our clients therefore applicants should be a chartered member of the Geological Society or a related equivalent. We will consider candidates who are not yet chartered but have a desire to work towards becoming chartered and will support you through the process.
It is expected that all the roles will involve a significant degree of cross office working. Each of the roles will be client facing and confidence in working with clients in relation to project delivery and business development is essential, as is experience in the preparation of bids and proposals. It is also expected that the successful experienced candidates will assist in the mentoring and professional development of early career staff, and there will be opportunities for team leadership for the right candidate
A full UK valid driving licence is required.
The right candidate will be:
- Organised and able to balance competing priorities
- A pragmatic thinker and solution finder
- A self-starter, who manages their own workload and potentially that of a wider team
- Enthusiastic and dynamic team player, and a strong communicator with a design and planning background.
.Core skills and experience required:
- An ability to collaborate within and influence a team of inter disciplinary colleagues, to deliver high-quality products
- UK based experience in licencing and permitting, land quality, management, site restoration/remediation and experience in the re-use of soil-based materials. Experience in working in coastal, estuarine, and riverine settings would be particularly valuable
- Track record of project delivery, with strong commercial awareness and confidence in working with clients
Desirable skills and experience required:
- Experience working within a design and build environment.
- Experience working in coastal and river settings.
- Experience in environmental permitting and licencing.
- Stakeholder liaison.
- Team leadership and mentoring.
- Contract review and management.
- Strong people and Project Management skills.
- Member of a professional institution.