Calling all Specialist Generalists, are you a Master of all Trades, Jack of None?
“A jack of all trades is a master of none, but oftentimes better than a master of one”. William Shakespeare.
JBA are seeking experienced Project Environmental Managers /Environmental Advisors, to be responsible for delivering a varied project portfolio from various locations throughout the UK on a hybrid working basis.
JBA has a particular focus on water-related projects, with our diverse, multi-talented environmental teams delivering fluvial and coastal flood defences, including pumping stations and mine water treatment, as well as habitat creation initiatives, river restoration, natural flood management and WFD schemes.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading the environmental appraisal and management of a variety of projects from optioneering stage through design and planning, to environmental permitting and compliance at construction.
- Liaising with clients and stakeholders, co-ordinating project teams and working closely with our technical specialists in environment and engineering teams
- Mentoring, guiding and supporting early career staff to guide their awareness of environmental process and management practices.
- Undertaking site visits to inform optioneering and design.
- Support site managers with environmental issues during construction, including Environmental Clerk of Works.
- Supporting the development of the environmental management services JBA offer through tendering, cultivating new clients and developing innovative environmental procedures and processes.
- Job Ref: SBW23-12
- Closing date: 30.09.23
- Location: UK
Qualifications and experience
Key competencies required for the role:
We are seeking applicants with a broad range of skills and varied environmental experience and who have proven industry / consultancy / construction experience. A background in a specialist discipline such as Water Management, Environmental Compliance, Ecology or Landscape would be advantageous, but we are interested in any candidate who is passionate, adaptable and who have the skills to flourish in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Organised and able to balance competing priorities
- Pragmatic thinker and solution finder
- Self-starter, who manages own workload (and ideally that of a wider team)
- Excellent communication skills.
- A full UK driving licence is essential.
The role can be based at one of several of our offices across the UK. JBA supports agile working which provides for greater flexibility with the way that we work.
For an informal discussion about this position, please contact Dave Sargent on 0191 2330707.
Note: JBA run a comprehensive Graduate scheme and recent graduates interested in working for us should apply via that route