We are looking for engineers with a range of professional experience, including those who are approaching or are recently chartered to join a growing team to meet our developing business needs.
The successful candidate will be working on the appraisal, feasibility, and design of traditional flood risk management projects. They will also be developing JBA’s capability to deliver Natural Flood Management (NFM) and river restoration projects for a variety of clients.
We are looking for candidates with sound technical knowledge, a positive and proactive mindset, and the motivation to collaborate proactively with our multidisciplinary teams and clients. The successful candidate will be responsible for the production and checking of design reports and calculations, be able to work independently and to supervise early career team members. With experience the role may develop to include line management duties.
- Job Ref: RNO22-21
- Closing date: 31.12.22
- Location: Skipton
JBA Consulting is a client-focused organisation. Excellent report writing and effective communication skills are therefore essential to this role. Candidates should have a sound appreciation for engineering principles and good analytical skills for problem solving. Self-motivation and a high degree of organisation are also considered key attributes. Candidates must be willing to champion innovative solutions.
The ideal candidate will have a qualification in civil and or structural engineering, ideally at degree level or equivalent, although other relevant professional backgrounds will be considered.
If candidates are chartered or approaching chartership, this is expected to be through an institution such as the ICE, IStructE or CIWEM or be looking to complete their training programme within the next 12 months. JBA has a structured training programme to support progression and completion of chartership and which qualified candidates will be expected to support in a mentoring capacity.
Core skills required for the role are:
- Technical ability to work with relevant guidance, policy, design codes and software packages to prepare and check calculations and reports
- Ability to work as part of a team with strong communication skills
- Able to supervise and support early careers colleagues
In addition, it is desirable that candidates can:
- Demonstrate an ability to manage projects.
- Manage NEC3 and NEC4 contracts.
Successful candidates will also have experience of:
- Appraisal and feasibility of engineering schemes ideally in the water or environment sectors.
- Design to UK standards including preparation and checking of calculations and specifications.
- Preparing and checking technical reports.
- It is desirable that candidate also have an interest in leading and winning tendering opportunities as this is likely to become a longer-term activity.