Following completion of probation and successful apprenticeship enrolment, apprenticeships would start in Autumn 2024. Study will be undertaken in the form of day or block release at university combined with supported workplace training, working to achieve a BSc or BEng (ICE accredited) in Civil Engineering.
More information about the Civil Engineer apprenticeship courses is provided on individual university websites linked below:
- Heriot Watt University
- Leeds Beckett University
- London South Bank University
- Nottingham Trent University
- Teeside University
- University of Brighton
- University of Portsmouth
- University of the West of England
The apprenticeship standard for apprenticeships in England can be viewed here.
To learn more about Apprenticeships with JBA, visit our Apprenticeships webpage here.
Posts will be based in our Edinburgh, Haywards Heath, Leeds, Newport, Peterborough, Portsmouth and Tadcaster offices. With apprenticeship courses based at the universities listed above.
The roles will involve a combination of office, site and remote working. JBA supports agile working which provides for greater flexibility with the way that we work.
By 31 August 2024, you will need:
- To be over the age of 18
- The right to live and work and live in the UK to qualify for funding
- A valid UK driving licence or be seeking to undertake your driving test
- Sufficient I.T. skills to learn relevant software tools under supervision, i.e. CAD, Microsoft Word and Excel.
For apprenticeships based in England, you will need:
- Five GCSEs or equivalent (Grades 9 to 4 (A* to C)) including Maths and English
- A minimum of 120 UCAS tariff points or equivalent (equivalent to BBB at A-level, including Maths)
- Applicants for the role will be required to live and complete their apprenticeship with a university based in England.
For apprenticeships based in Scotland, you will need:
- Pass at National 5 Maths or equivalent
- Highers at AAAB or ABBBB including Maths A minimum of 126 UCAS tariff points or a Foundation Apprenticeship in Civil Engineering, with SQA Highers at AAB or equivalent
- Applicants for the role will be required to live and complete their apprenticeship with a university based in Scotland.
Entry requirements for those currently in employment will be based on meeting funding eligibility and requirements of both the training provider and JBA Consulting.
Who we’re looking for
The ideal candidate will:
- Be capable of providing solutions to problems
- Take account of health and safety in your work, as necessary
- Be a team player able to work well with other members of staff
- Take pride in your work
- Plan your time effectively to meet set goals
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Have an ordered and structured approach to organising information and activities.
We'd love to hear from you. Just fill out the form below and a member of our team will be in touch as soon as possible.
Do you have a question or message for |NAME|? Just complete the form below with your information and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.