BIM and Digital Delivery Manager
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced candidate to join JBA Consulting as the BIM and Digital Delivery Manager to support our work across the South of England and South Wales.
The role will involve the management, leadership and growth of our existing Digital Delivery Team of 2D and 3D BIM CAD technicians, as well as working directly on projects. We work in a variety of sectors, including flood risk management, maritime and infrastructure. Our projects typically progress through individual design stages including concept design, outline design, detailed design, and then into the construction phase. A key aspect of your role will be supporting our teams on the Environment Agency’s Collaborative Delivery Framework. JBA Consulting are proud to be a key delivery partner on this exciting 8 year framework (read more about it here). Through this framework, and other large infrastructure frameworks, your team will be responsible for key technical input to the delivery of schemes with a construction value of up to ~£50m.
Main duties of the role will include:
- Working with our national BIM and Digital Delivery Manager to support and champion the development and implementation of new digital design tools across JBA Consulting.
- Providing a leadership role for BIM and digital delivery across the South of England and South Wales.
- Team leadership of the existing southern Digital Delivery Team.
- Supporting successful project delivery through the production of 3D digital models and the implementation of BIM processes.
- Responsible for Quality Assurance of digital design.
You will work closely with our national BIM and Digital Delivery Manager, as well as with our local management team, and established group of design team leaders. Within the southern Digital Delivery Team you will provide a mentoring and leadership role for the team members.
- Job Ref: RSO23-09
- Closing date: 31.12.23
- Location: Haywards Heath / Portsmouth
Qualifications and experience
The right candidate will be able to effectively manage workload in a busy and dynamic environment and be willing to take ownership of issues and work autonomously to find solutions. It is very important to us that in this role you will be able to successfully mentor and develop junior staff. The experience and skills we are ideally seeking are broad, and we do not expect candidates to have them all. We welcome applications from people who meet the qualification and experience requirements of most of the points below.
- Leading and developing teams.
- Industry experience of BIM and its application within civil / structural engineering.
- Experience of managing Common Data Environments (CDE), such as SharePoint etc.
- Skilled in the use of 2D and 3D modelling software, such as Autodesk AutoCAD, Revit, Civil 3D, Navisworks.
- Experienced with the production of high quality technical and construction drawings and 3D models.
- An appropriate engineering qualification.
- Professional membership of a recognised professional institution, such as ICE or CIWEM.
Contact Alexander Lee t: 01444 509043
Note: JBA run a comprehensive Graduate Scheme and recent graduates interested in working for us should apply via that route.
The role will be based in our Haywards Heath, RH16 3BW or Portsmouth, PO6 3EZ offices and will involve some travel to other client and JBA office locations. JBA Consulting also has an agile working policy that supports remote working.