Apprentice Purchase Ledger Clerk
Are you enthusiastic and organised? Do you have an interest in Finance?
Our Skipton head office is seeking an enthusiastic, responsible and organised person to provide support to our Purchase Ledger team.
The successful candidate will be expected to work towards an Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship (Level 3) for up to two years. This will involve a proportion of the working week being based at a local college and/or completing coursework.
The successful candidates’ responsibilities and duties will vary, but would include:
- Assisting the Purchase Ledger Clerk in all aspects of purchase ledger
- Matching of invoices to purchase orders
- Creating purchase orders
- Manual inputting of purchase ledger invoices onto Sage
- Create new Suppliers and update Supplier details in Sage
- Liaise with Suppliers to resolve invoice queries
- Assist with the preparation of BACS files.
- Matching invoices to purchase orders.
For more information about Apprenticeships with JBA please visit our Apprenticeships webpage here.
This post will be based in our Skipton Broughton Park office.
For more information on the role, please contact Maxine Zaidman or Jennifer Dewhirst
JBA supports agile working which provides for greater flexibility with the way that we work.
- Job Ref: APP23-09
- Closing date: 17.04.23
- Location: Skipton
Qualifications and experience
Key competencies required for the role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic team player, who can play an integral part in supporting our busy Finance team.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Enthusiastic and positive
- Organised and able to balance competing priorities
- A pragmatic thinker and solution finder
- A team player
- An excellent communicator.
Applicants should be educated to GCSE level or equivalent, including Maths and English (Grades 9 to 4 (A* to C) and possess sufficient I.T. skills to learn relevant software tools under supervision, i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel and Project.
Entry requirements for those currently in employment will be based on meeting funding eligibility and requirements of both the training provider and JBA Consulting.
How to apply:
Please apply by completing a JBA application form and returning with a current CV to email@example.com by 17 April 2023.
Candidates successful in the first round of shortlisting will be invited to interview. Interviews will be held in the weeks commencing 02 May and 08 May 2023.