Apprentice Digital Designer
Are you interested in how to design for different platforms? Would you like to learn industry standard software and how to communicate visually?
Our Marketing team have an opening for a forward thinking, creative and eager to learn individual. This role will give you the opportunity to learn how to use the latest apps and software, teach you how to design for different platforms and channels, learn all the rules and laws of design and how to think like a designer.
The successful candidate will be expected to work towards a BA (Hons) in Creative Digital Design for up to three years. This will involve a proportion of the working week being based at a local university and/or completing coursework.
The successful candidates’ responsibilities and duties will vary, but would include supporting with:
- Creating designs for social media and other platforms
- Editing and exporting Audio / Video files for various projects
- Creating brainstorms, storyboards and concepts when necessary
- Formatting text writing documents and proofreading
- Making sure all content reflects the brand and maximises marketing opportunities
- Embracing new and innovative ways to communicate and engage with our audience across all digital and social channels.
An apprenticeship is a fantastic opportunity to earn whilst you learn. Following completion of probation and successful apprenticeship enrolment, apprenticeships would start in Autumn 2023.
Following completion of probation and successful apprenticeship enrolment, apprenticeships would start in Autumn 2023. Study will be undertaken in the form of day or block release at university combined with supported workplace training, working to achieve a BA (Hons) in Creative Digital Design.
More information about the Creative Digital Design apprenticeship can be found here.
Applicants should be educated to GCSE level or equivalent. They should ideally have five GCSEs, including Maths and English (Grades 9 to 4 (A* to C) and possess sufficient I.T. skills to learn relevant software tools under supervision, i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel and Project.
For more information about Apprenticeships with JBA please visit our Apprenticeships webpage here.
This post will be based in our Skipton Broughton Park office.
For more information on the role, please contact Maxine Zaidman or Jennifer Dewhirst
JBA supports agile working which provides for greater flexibility with the way that we work.
- Job Ref: APP23-07
- Closing date: 17.04.23
- Location: Skipton
Qualifications and experience
Key competencies required for the role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic team player, who can support our team to deliver training to our staff and clients.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Enthusiastic and positive
- Organised and able to balance competing priorities
- A pragmatic thinker and solution finder
- A team player
- Have a desire to learn to skills and software
- Interested in Graphic design rules and visual communication
- Conscientious and have a good eye for detail.
- possess at least 5 GCSEs or equivalent (Grades 9 to 4 (A* to C)) including Maths and English
- have a minimum of 112 UCAS tariff points or equivalent (equivalent to BBB at A-level, excluding General Studies)
- possess sufficient I.T. skills to learn relevant software tools under supervision, i.e, i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Entry requirements for those currently in employment will be based on meeting funding eligibility and requirements of both the training provider and JBA Consulting.
How to apply:
Please apply by completing a JBA application form and returning with a current CV to email@example.com by 17 April 2023.
Candidates successful in the first round of shortlisting will be invited to interview. Interviews will be held in the weeks commencing 02 May and 08 May 2023.