Apprentice Data Science Degree
Are you interested in data, software development and the environment? Are you looking to develop your career within an exciting growing company whilst working to achieve a BSc degree?
We have several exciting opportunities for Data Science degree apprenticeships. A degree apprenticeship is a fantastic alternative to a traditional campus-based programme, with the opportunity to earn a salary whilst still achieving a Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree in Data Science.
The degree apprenticeship follows the pathways across the following clusters:
- Statistics and data analysis
- Computer Science
- Mathematical Foundations
- Modelling and Systems
- Communication and Visualisation
- Applications and business context
- Interdisciplinary and integration.
Our data science teams handle, manipulate and interrogate data. If you have an aptitude for exploring and analysing complex datasets, and enjoy solving problems using a combination of mathematical, statistical and computing skills, this apprenticeship route could be perfect for you.
Following completion of probation and successful apprenticeship enrolment, apprenticeships would start in Autumn 2023. Study will be undertaken in the form of day or block release at university combined with supported workplace training, working to achieve a BSc in Data Science.
More information about the Data Scientist apprenticeship can be found here.
For more information about Apprenticeships with JBA please visit our Apprenticeships webpage here.
Posts will be based in at Skipton, Coleshill, Haywards Heath, Wallingford, Warrington and Bristol.
For further information, please contact Andrew Gubbin or Jennifer Dewhirst
JBA supports agile working which provides for greater flexibility with the way that we work.
- Job Ref: APP23-03
- Closing date: 17.04.23
- Location: Bristol / Coleshill / Haywards Heath / Skipton / Wallingford / Warrington
Qualifications and experience
Key competencies required for the role:
Candidates should ideally:
- Applicants should be educated to GCSE level or equivalent. They should ideally have five GCSEs, including Maths and English (Grades 9 to 4 (A* to C) and possess sufficient I.T. skills to learn relevant software tools under supervision, i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel and Project.
- have a minimum of 112 UCAS tariff points or equivalent (equivalent to BBC at A-level, excluding General Studies) ideally in science, maths or geography-based subjects.
Entry requirements for those currently in employment will be based on meeting funding eligibility and requirements of both the University and JBA Consulting.
Who we are looking for:
The right candidate will:
- be capable of providing solutions to problems
- demonstrate effective communication skills
- be a team player able to work well with other members of staff
- plan your time effectively to meet set goals
- be able to apply care and diligence to execution of tasks and take pride in your work
- have an ordered and structured approach to organising information and activities.
How to apply
Please apply by completing a JBA application form and returning with a current CV to email@example.com by 17 April 2023.
Candidates successful in the first round of shortlisting will be invited to interview. Interviews will be held in the weeks commencing 02 May and 08 May 2023.