AI Business Analyst
Are you passionate about the environment and Artificial Intelligence?
Are you an innovative team player looking for your next opportunity?
At JBA, our ambition is to lead in society’s pursuit for resilience to climate change. Extensive investment in innovation helps us to deliver on this ambition. It allows us to offer more effective, efficient, and sustainable solutions to our clients, and to support the development of community resilience. Innovation also creates sustainable, interesting and rewarding jobs for our staff.
We have been developing innovative Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies for more than ten years, allowing us to be at the forefront of climate resilience. This year we have also launched JBAi, a major investment programme accelerating the pace and scale at which we develop and adopt AI technology across our business. We see the adoption of AI as a crucial component to achieving our company ambition, and the energy and investment we are applying to this area reflects its importance to us.
To support our JBAi initiative, we are excited to announce the creation of a new role: AI Business Analyst. As our AI Business Analyst, you’ll play a leading role in driving AI adoption across JBA. You’ll collaborate across our multi-disciplinary teams to identify, evaluate and on-board AI-based solutions that will continue to transform the way we work, for the benefit of our clients, our staff and the communities we work. In doing so, you will also take a leading role in navigating the challenges associated with AI, including keeping pace with technical developments and addressing ethical and legal considerations.
- Inspire: Drive the adoption of AI-based tools across the business
- Collaborate: Work with our multi-disciplinary teams to define AI-related opportunities and solutions
- Appraise: Evaluate and recommend AI tools, technologies, and strategies to meet business objectives and comply with our legal and ethical policies
- Explore: Conduct the research necessary to stay at the cutting edge of AI developments, legal and ethical considerations
- Educate: Support our Learning and Development team to identify and deliver the training requirements to help our staff make best use of the AI tools we adopt
- Audit: Monitor and measure the impact of AI tools within our business.
This role could be based at any of our UK offices, although most of our AI teams are based in our Skipton BD23 3FD and Wallingford OX10 9BS (UK) offices. As such, some occasional travel to these offices should be expected. JBA supports agile working which provides for greater flexibility with the way that we work.
- Job Ref: RSO23-10
- Closing date: 30.11.23
- Location: Skipton / Wallingford
Qualifications and experience
Key competencies required for the role:
- Knowledge of how software applications (and particularly AI technology) can help businesses operate more efficiently, effectively, and profitably.
- Hands on experience with a range of business tools to support functions such as project management, information management, communications, reporting, analysis, finance or marketing and publicity.
- Ability to conduct appraisals of AI tools, considering the benefit they bring, cost, performance, security, legal and ethical implications of adoption.
- A track record of implementing change within a commercial setting, for instance bringing on board new tools or software.
The right candidate will have:
- Experience of improving ways of working through innovation.
- Demonstratable experience of the application of AI technologies.
- Effective communication skills and be able to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Commitment to continued professional development and to staying at the cutting edge of AI development.
- A passion for the environment and desire to solve complex environmental problems through the application of AI technologies.