This one day course provides you with an overview of the use of the WinDes® drainage design software developed by Micro Drainage Limited with a view to auditing drainage calculations. This is not a course on how to use WinDes®.
The course will cover the following topics:
- Estimating greenfield runoff (using IH124, ADAS345 and FEH)
- Estimating development runoff (using IH124, ADAS345 and Wallingford Procedure)
- Overview of the design, scheduling and analysis of drainage networks with WinDes®
- Use of controls and the use of storage functions within WinDes®
- Quick balancing storage estimates
- Design and analysis of systems to comply with standards for Sewers For Adoption
- Introduction to Sustainable Urban Drainage principles
- WinDes® Source Control Module (infiltration, dry swales, ponds and tanks)
- What to look for in Audits
This course is aimed at those who are involved in development control and in particular in the review of drainage calculations and the output from WinDes® models. In-depth knowledge of civil engineering and drainage design is not required (this is not a drainage design course).
By the end of this course you will:
- Understand the capabilities of WinDes® and the principles of urban drainage design
- Know the key things to look for in auditing a WinDes®/ urban drainage model
Luke Virgo MEng CEng MICE
Luke is a Senior Engineer for JBA Consulting and is a chartered civil engineer with 9 years’ experience in both the private sector and local government. Luke specialises in drainage, flood risk management and SuDS design in residential, highways, industrial and commercial settings.
René Dobson BEng CEng MICE
René is the Engineering Manager for JBA Consulting and is a chartered engineer with 22 years’ experience in the engineering sector and over 12 years of specialist experience in water and environmental engineering in the UK and Ireland. He has a strong interest in achieving sustainable flood risk management solutions, which benefit the widest sections of our communities.