A one day update course intended to familiarise you with recent developments in UK flood estimation, enabling you to confidently use the latest FEH methods.
The course will cover the following topics:
- New methods for urban catchments
- FEH13 rainfall frequency statistics
- FEH web service for catchment descriptors
- ReFH2 model
- New methods for small catchments
- FEH Local: incorporating local data to flood estimation
- Implications for greenfield runoff, urban and permeable catchments
- Latest guidance from regulators
- Flood estimation masterclass
This course is aimed at hydrologists who have some knowledge of the Flood Estimation Handbook (FEH) through attendance on a previous FEH course and practical application.
Duncan Faulkner MSc DIC MA FCIWEM C.WEM CSci
Head of Hydrology, Duncan is a specialist in flood hydrology and has over 22 years’ experience both in research projects and many consultancy studies. He has developed training courses on flood estimation methods for JBA and the Environment Agency. He is a former member of the Flood Estimation Handbook research team and author of the Environment Agency’s Flood Estimation Guidelines. He is also a lecturer on the Lancaster University and JBA PgCert course on flood hydrology.