This two day course is an introduction to AutoCAD Civil 3D and will take you through real world exercises and tutorials designed to familiarise you with the essential functions of AutoCAD Civil 3D. The AutoCAD Civil 3D software permits the rapid development of alternatives through its model-based design tools. You will learn techniques enabling you to organise project data, work with points, create and analyse surfaces, model road corridors, create parcel layouts, perform grading and volume calculation tasks, and layout pipe networks.
- The AutoCAD Civil 3D Interface
- Project management
- Pipe networks
- Quantity take off/sections
- Plan production
The AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015 Fundamentals – Metric training guide is designed for Civil Engineers and Surveyors who want to take advantage of AutoCAD® Civil 3D® software’s interactive, dynamic design functionality.
Experience with AutoCAD® or AutoCAD-based products (such as Autodesk® Land Desktop) and a sound understanding and knowledge of civil engineering terminology.
- Navigate the AutoCAD Civil 3D user interface
- Create and edit parcels and print parcel reports
- Create points/point groups working with survey figures
- Create, edit, view, and analyse surfaces
- Create and edit alignments
- Create data shortcuts
- Create sites, profiles, and cross-sections
- Create assemblies, corridors, and intersections
- Create grading solutions
- Create gravity fed and pressure pipe networks
- Perform quantity take-off and volume calculations
- Use plan production tools to create plan and profile sheets
Craig Robertson BSc, Certified AutoCAD Civil 3D Professional
Craig is the BIM Manager for JBA Consulting and Civil Engineering Team Lead for Edinburgh with 18 years’ experience working in the Water, Environment and Energy sectors. He has experience instructing new users in the use of AutoCAD Civil 3D in hands-on project examples and managing the workflow and submission of models to a BIM level 2 standard. He has a wide knowledge of other BIM design and review software and how these interact with and compliment Civil 3D. Craig is an Autodesk Certified Professional and can be found on the Autodesk Certified Professional list.