Are you seeking a new career opportunity in water resources?
Would you like to work with a dynamic and growing water and environmental management team?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced water resource management consultant to join our successful and rapidly growing team based in our Warrington office.
Our teams provide a wide range of water resource management services, helping to obtain sustainable water supplies whilst ensuring environmental safeguards and protection. We have the breadth of expertise and specialisms across all aspects of the water cycle, providing innovative and cost-effective solutions to meet our client’s needs.
The breath of our water resource management work provides a variety of career openings and challenges, dependent on your specific knowledge, skills and interest, including:
- Strategic water resource planning and modelling;
- Demand modelling and efficiency measures;
- Climate change;
- Drought planning and management;
- Sustainability investigations;
- Catchment hydrology and hydrometric services;
- Energy optimisation studies;
- Water Cycle Studies;
- Groundwater investigations;
- Private water supplies.
Over the last 20 years, we have worked closely with water companies (including United Utilities, Northumbrian Water and Yorkshire Water) providing specialist support in water resource modelling and analysis. We’ve helped water company teams as they develop their long-term plans as well as when managing shorter term pressures on available resources.
We have also delivered specialist services in water resource and drought modelling to regulatory bodies such as the Environment Agency and SEPA, including real time drought forecasting, modelling the impacts of drought on water demand and review of climate change impacts on deployable outputs. In addition, we have helped distillers by assessing and designing new abstractions and discharges.
Location: The role is based in our Warrington office WA1 1WA.
Qualifications and experience
Key competencies required for the role:
You will have a science or engineering related qualification, degree or equivalent, and preferably a second degree in a related subject. Chartered status is important to JBA and valued by our clients, therefore applicants should either be, or show a desire to work towards becoming, chartered.
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for well organised, motivated, dynamic, flexible individuals who can work on their own or as part of a team. You should have an interest in water and the environment with strong analytical and problem-solving skills and be able to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally. The role is suitable for individuals who wish to develop to take on additional responsibility as their career develops.
For the role experience in the following core skills would be essential:
- undertaking strategic water resource planning and modelling;
- use of GIS applications;
- effective written communication skills and effective in communicating and consulting with various authorities (e.g. Environment Agency, councils) regarding water resource management and water supply.
The following skills would be desirable for the role:
- understanding of the UK water industry;
- knowledge of VBA;
- experience in Aquator;
- supervision of technical work and mentoring of junior staff although we would consider applicants with a strong technical background who are looking to develop these skills.