JBA Consulting are currently seeking enthusiastic and dedicated Software Developers who have skills in .NET, C, or Python.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic and growing software development team of 24 staff, in our Skipton office, which is expanding to meet to the needs of new and existing clients.
We use a mixture of commercial and open source software and are looking for software developers to come and join our team who have experience in .NET, C or Python with knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server or PostgreSQL. To advance our mobile application development we are also seeking developers with experience in Objective-C and/or Java.
Our software team develops a wide range of cutting edge software, principally:
- mobile and browser based asset management systems;
- business information systems;
- high performance GIS and data management systems;
- database designs, query optimisation and tuning; and
- advanced GPU modelling software.
We work for a wide range of clients including Network Rail, Environment Agency, Defra, SEPA, Met Office, Innovate UK and Local Authorities.
The successful candidates will get involved in all stages of the software development life cycle, with more senior appointments taking leading roles and providing mentoring and guidance to junior staff.
For an informal discussion about the roles please contact Stuart Wallace.
Qualifications and experience
We have roles available for:
Junior developer’s – no prior commercial experience required, must be able to demonstrate capability in our core skill areas
Developer’s – substantial and proven commercial experience in our core skill areas
Ideal candidates for these roles will have at least two of the following core skills:
- Object orientated software design and development in one or more of .NET, C, Python. Other experience will be considered
- Microsoft SQL Server and/or PostgreSQL
- Mobile developers should have knowledge of Objective-C and/or Java and the relevant SDKs.
Candidates with some of the following knowledge would be advantageous:
- Web services
- GIS technologies – ArcGIS, FME, QGIS
- Cloud and hosting using Amazon Web Services
- HTTP, DNS and TCP/IP
- Agile principles and methodologies
- Source control and process management (TFS or other source control software)
Applicants should be willing to submit examples of their work or write a small test program to our specifications.