Are looking for a new challenge?
Do you want to join a dynamic and growing company?
This role will be responsible for defining requirements, delivering solutions and ongoing maintenance for the JBA Group internally developed corporate management solution / project management solution and developing new systems to cope with business demand (product management).
For further information or an informal discussion about this position please contact Rob Ramsden on +44 (0) 1756 799919.
Location: The role is based in our Skipton head-office, BD23 3LF
Please note: we are looking for a highly experienced candidate for this role, if you are a recent graduate please consider applying to our software/systems development graduate scheme
- Designing, estimating and developing software products
- Working with internal and external developers to successfully deliver to product requirements
- Working for the IT Systems and Development Manager to derive product enhancements with commercial value
- Setup automated product testing and deployment processes
- Responsibility for your development schedules to deliver on time
- Reporting regular project status reporting
- Advising on emerging technologies and rapid prototyping
- Follow best practice software development lifecycle processes including requirements gathering, design, development, testing, release, and maintenance
- Communicate with team members regarding projects, development, tools, and procedures.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Extensive and proven professional software development experience using C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server, TFS, MVC
- Extensive experience in C# is essential particularly with regards web-based application development
- Web development and Angular experience along with jQuery, HTML5, CSS, SASS/LESS
- Experience with AWS and Azure deployment & hosting
- Experienced in designing and developing web services
- Level 3 support experience
- Experience working in agile product development teams
- Active involvement in .NET development communities
- A team player with a passion for excellence
- Good skills in time and resource management
- Front end UI design
- Self-documenting code practices
- Some skills in Photoshop and proven ability to use advanced HTML & CSS techniques to deliver pixel perfect rendering of complex designs
- Experience in project management
- Experience working in a software house environment will also be preferred
We require a pragmatic individual with a can-do attitude who is passionate about technology, product development and wants to be a part of a global company delivering high quality products.
The ideal candidate will have a history of achievement, a technical prowess and is able to engage at all levels of an organisation.