Would you like to support the growth of Environmental Services?
Do you have a passion for sustainable environmental management?
JBA are excited to be seeking candidates for a role responsible for team leadership and technical delivery of Environmental Services across Wales and Southwest England from our Newport Office.
JBA has a particular focus on water-related projects, including fluvial and coastal flood defence and other infrastructure schemes, such as habitat creation initiatives, river restoration and WFD schemes. We have recently been successful in being appointed to a range of the Environment Agency’s national frameworks.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a wide range of established and highly experienced teams within Newport and across the wider business to continue to grow our environmental services.
Existing teams in Newport cover services such as EIA, SEA, ecology, water resources, flood risk assessment/modelling and engineering. From our network of offices, JBA also deliver advice in relation to landscape, cultural heritage, contaminated land, fisheries, groundwater, sustainability, catchment and river restoration.
The successful candidate will, amongst other things, be responsible for:
- Management of the environmental team in Newport (line management and commercial), mentoring junior staff, working with colleagues throughout JBA, and fostering good relationships with clients, regulators and stakeholders.
- Project management and delivery of environmental services (including EIA, environmental appraisal and environmental advisory work) – including responsibility for commercial management and technical quality on projects.
- Writing and reviewing technical reports and other outputs.
- Input to environmental design and development of mitigation measures for major infrastructure projects, working as a member of multidisciplinary teams.
- Building business relationships across South Wales, including identification and development of new business opportunities.
- Providing support to bids and tender preparation.
- Undertaking stakeholder engagement and public consultation exercises.
The role is based in our Newport office.
For further information please contact Tim Carter
Qualifications and experience
Key competencies required for the role:
- We are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic team player, who is a strong communicator with experience of team management and technical delivery in environmental consultancy.
- The successful candidate will ideally have broad knowledge of the environmental consultancy sector and a proven track record in environmental delivery (knowledge of EIA, landscape design/assessment and/or ecological consultancy would be desirable).
Who we’re looking for:
- Candidates will be required to have a degree in a relevant discipline and full membership of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA), the Landscape Institute or the Society for the Environment (SocEnv).
- A full UK driving licence is essential.
- Successful candidates will be required to demonstrate a proven track record in the responsibilities outlined above.