Are you experienced in Flood and Coastal Modelling?
Are you looking to develop your career within an exciting environmental company?
We have an exciting opportunity for a new Principal or Chartered Senior Analyst within our Coastal Modelling, Mapping and Forecasting team to support our growing portfolio of work. The role will involve delivery and management of flood and coastal erosion risk management projects including flood hazard assessments, flood forecasting systems, coastal engineering design and sediment transport and erosion. The right candidate will also be involved with project management and delivery, numerical modelling and the mentoring of junior staff.
This role will be based at our Skipton head office, although some aspect of flexible/agile working will also be considered.
Contact Matthew Hird on email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: JBA run a comprehensive Graduate Programme and recent graduates interested in working for us should apply via that route
Qualifications and experience:
Who we are looking for:
It is essential that the right candidate has a BSc, Masters and/or PhD (or equivalent) in a relevant subject (e.g. oceanography, meteorology, engineering, mathematics, physics, physical geography or another relevant science).
Applicants must have appropriate consultancy experience and be chartered, or approaching chartership, with a relevant organisation (e.g. IMarEST, CIWEM, ICE). You should have experience applying and reviewing a range of coastal models such as SWAN, DELFT3D, TELEMAC, XBeach, EUROTOP, TUFLOW, HEC RAS2D) and data analysis using packages such as Python. You should be ready to take on responsibilities for independent project delivery; be responsible for checking technical work and mentoring of less experienced colleagues. You would play a lead role in our Coastal Modelling and Forecasting team, working across a range of projects requiring wave and hydrodynamic modelling. It is therefore essential that applicants have practical experience in numerical modelling and a proven track record of winning and delivering coastal modelling projects.
Candidates must have experience of the following:
- Preparing tenders for coastal projects.
- Project management.
- Knowledge of coastal processes.
- Knowledge of numerical modelling software.
- Strong data analysis skills.
- The ability to work effectively within a team, with a high regard for deadlines and budgets.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A desire to learn, innovate and drive forward new technology.
- Enthusiasm and drive.
Desirable skills and experience are:
- Experience of sediment transport assessments and modelling.
- Experience of coastal contaminant/dispersion modelling.
- Experience undertaking economic appraisals in accordance with EA and Scottish Government requirements.
- Able to deliver internal and external training.
- Project management under Prince/ Agile and / or NEC3/4 or similar.