Are you an experienced Software Developer?
Would you like to work with a dynamic and growing environmental engineering consulting company?
JBA Consulting are currently seeking enthusiastic and dedicated Software Developers who have skills in .NET.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic and growing software development team, which is expanding to meet to the needs of new and existing clients. The roles can be based in either our Skipton BD23 1FJ or Wallingford OX10 8DL offices.
We use a mixture of commercial and open source software and are looking for software developers to come and join our team who have experience in .NET with knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server or PostgreSQL.
Our software team develops a wide range of cutting-edge software, principally:
- mobile and browser based asset management systems;
- business information systems;
- high performance GIS and data management systems;
- database designs, query optimisation and tuning; and
- advanced GPU modelling software.
We work for a wide range of clients including Network Rail, Environment Agency, Natural Resources Wales, Met Office, Innovate UK and Local Authorities.
The successful candidates will get involved in all stages of the software development life cycle.
Qualifications and experience
It would be advantageous to have good A-levels in mathematics and / or science-based subjects. A degree in computing, engineering or mathematics would be desirable.
Proven commercial experience in our core skill areas.
Ideal candidates for these roles will have at least the following core skills:
- Object orientated software design and development in one or more of .NET. Other experience will be considered
- Microsoft SQL Server and/or PostgreSQL
Candidates with some of the following knowledge would be advantageous:
- Web services
- GIS technologies – ArcGIS, FME, QGIS
- Cloud and hosting using Amazon Web Services
- HTTP, DNS and TCP/IP
- Agile principles and methodologies
- Source control and process management
Applicants should be willing to submit examples of their work or write a small test program to our specifications.