Do you have a passion for sustainable landscape solutions?
Do you want to influence the design of major UK flood risk management schemes?
Due to growing demand for our Landscape Design, Planning and Arboriculture services and continued success of JBAs multi-disciplinary engineering design and environmental teams, we are now looking for exceptional individuals to join our National Landscape Team.
The position is to support our Landscape leadership team and this opportunity offers the right individual(s) the move to support and expand their career objectives both professionally and technically. We seek individuals with a genuine interest in making a demonstrable difference within our primary sector, water, flood and coastal management with a strong background in assessment and design.
With experienced Principal and technical leaders we can offer career minded individuals the room to grow their technical and managerial experience, build on their professional qualifications and look towards the next development in their career.
Throughout the last 24 months the challenges that have faced the profession has taught us that robust business planning and supportive colleagues and team structures has allowed JBA to not just survive but thrive. Clients have valued our pre-emptive actions to project delivery, our flexibility and agility in the face of challenges to business continuity. We have continued to offer the very best in our field. JBA has maintained its benefits and salary packages throughout the pandemic, unlike many of its competitors, something we are rightly proud of as an employee-owned business.
The main responsibilities of this role will be supporting the Associate Director and Principal through the delivery of LVIA/LVA and character/sensitivity assessments, including site appraisals and coordinating report/graphics preparation; and co-ordinating design packages, from initial site concepts to detailed design.
This role will be based at our office in Coleshill, B46 3AD although we do offer hybrid and flexible working.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Peter Harrison on t: 01274 714269.
Please apply by completing a JBA application form and returning with a current CV to email@example.com.
Qualifications and experience
The right candidate will be:
- Organised and able to balance competing priorities.
- An enthusiastic and dynamic team player, who is a strong communicator with a design and planning background.
- A pragmatic thinker and solution finder.
- A self-starter, who manages their own workload, and potentially that of a wider team.
- Good at fostering relationships with clients, regulators and stakeholders.
- Demonstrable experience in Landscape & Visual Impact assessment (LVIA), with strong report writing skills.
- Working alongside colleagues in other disciplines across the company to ensure high-quality landscape solutions are integrated at all stages of the project work stages.
- Good understanding of process and health and safety.
- Experience in Natural Flood Management (NFM) design and SUDs.
- Strong AutoCad skills.
- Natural Flood management experience.
- Strong design and planning background.
- Strong client facing skills and commercial awareness.
- A valid UK driving licence is required.
- GIS skills would be beneficial but not essential.